BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Bitey things are niceless
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, this is the General Sportbike Chat forum, where's the Idiot forum? Actually, now that I think about it, that could be a good forum to add to this site.

Basically haven’t ridden since I crashed my bike in the cascades on Aug 13, but I've had this new toy taunting me now for about a month and a half. Today, it's sunny, roads are dry, and I had a free day to play with so I put a day tag on it and went for a ride.

Riding is an acquired skill so I knew that with some time off, it'd take me some time to get the feel for it again, so I took off through North Langley and followed some nice open twisty roads out to Abbotsford. Stopped, had some food, and headed out on my way again. Ran some more twisty roads, then hopped on the freeway and headed home. Got home, kissed my smiling wife and breastfeeding kid, fixed some walls, worked around the house and decided to go out again. So here I go again, get on the bike ride through the parking lot, left onto street, oops, didn't make it!!

Idiot. All I can think is I must have blipped the throttle and kicked out the back tire, it's the only way we (me and the bike) could end up lying on the ground facing the direction we just came from.

-ground up crank case cover
-minor (almost unnoticeable) scratches left side ferring
-minor " " " passenger peg
-bent clutch lever

Idiot

Went inside, kissed my wife and burping son, calmed down, went for a great ride and decided SHIT HAPPENS:surrender

·
Ride the winds of change
1,994 Posts
Sometimes the school of hard knocks is a great way to learn bike control.
It sounds like a wounded ego. I'm still in pain after a month falling off my dirt bike and having a guy that was trying to pass me plant his tire into my back. Probably bruised ribs but its preventing me from going out and doing the things I love.

·
Swivel on it
11,659 Posts
That sucks ... Seems to be a few of em lately (myself included). Don't let it get to ya :)

·
V Lister
4,277 Posts
I'm still in pain after a month falling off my dirt bike and having a guy that was trying to pass me plant his tire into my back. Probably bruised ribs but its preventing me from going out and doing the things I love.
let me know when you are ready for your next appointment. i would like to try my new mitas back massager on you:devillook

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
Man if I had a buck for every time I lowsided I'd have like.............er.........um, at least 30 or 40 bucks in my pocket right now...LOL. Don;t wory about it man. Time will heal the wounds, even before you get em fixed ;)

·
MM1117RF
246 Posts
Sorry to ear that bro. Pavement & tires are far from having their maximun grip under 10* celcius. Tires get hard & slick after just a 10 mins break.
Take it easy...save the excitement for this summer.

:2cents

·
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
See now responses like this are why I like BCSB!

Here I sit, something like 3 hours later, and I don't care anymore! I sure fared a lot better in this little tip over than in my last crash where I don't remember a month or so, and couldn't do ANYTHING on my own without falling over or falling asleep. And this time my bike is still ridable! Actually, the ride after the fall was a blast, didn't do too many corners, but that round-about was a good way to regain that confidance!

Thanks all.

·
Sex Appeal
1,560 Posts
See now responses like this are why I like BCSB!

Here I sit, something like 3 hours later, and I don't care anymore! I sure fared a lot better in this little tip over than in my last crash where I don't remember a month or so, and couldn't do ANYTHING on my own without falling over or falling asleep. And this time my bike is still ridable! Actually, the ride after the fall was a blast, didn't do too many corners, but that round-about was a good way to regain that confidance!

Thanks all.
Don't get use to it, eveyone here is just in the holiday spirit, it will pass soon :surrender

Oh glade to hear your okay though man, dont worrie about it, im acutally going for a ride right now.

·
AKA Martini-girl!!
1,637 Posts
Glad you are okay...don't worry it was beautiful today...there will be more days like this...its only the beginning of the year...how's the baby?...give it more kisses...

·
Swivel on it
11,659 Posts
Give it more kisses? screw that, just ride the hell out of it :D

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
Feces occurs.

You've got a good enough sense of preservation to not only survive, but shrug your shoulders and share it with the rest of us.

Good on ya.:thumbup

·
Will wheelie 4 boobs!
950 Posts
I did the exact same thing 3 weeks ago except I was turning right out of a parking lot. My frame sliders protected most of the damage. I did have to buy a new right mirror. Actually the most expensive thing is a new helmet I have to buy cause my head smacked the ground pretty good. Neck was sore for a couple days, but I just take it as a lesson learned. The money doesn't really mean anything in the long run, but the experience does.

·
Vindicated
3,419 Posts
Glad you're ok.. good learning experience. And it's 99% inevitable you'll go down at least once.. take the easy ones, learn from them, and hope they don't get worse.

·
Banned
1,946 Posts
Two crashes (on the street) in one twelve month period? And that is defining the "shit that happens"?

Is ssblade not back from his Mexico binge yet?

·
Ride the winds of change
1,994 Posts
let me know when you are ready for your next appointment. i would like to try my new mitas back massager on you:devillook
Roger

There's always something to learn from a fall. When your a newbie don't take for granted the guy behind you because the focker may be trying to pass when your newbie shit happens.

As for dirt bikes proper tires make a huge difference.

Scoot

·
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Glad you are okay...don't worry it was beautiful today...there will be more days like this...its only the beginning of the year...how's the baby?...give it more kisses...
Hopefully the days to come will have the clear weather we had today. There will be good rides as we roll into the summer months. Heck, there were two good rides today (250km), It just so happens there was a mishap between them. As for the season, well I prefer not to ride by season. I was off the bike after my last crash because I didn't have a bike. When I bought this one my wife was nearly 9 months pregnant so I figured I'd park it so I wasn't out riding when I got the call to head to the hospital. I didn't want to rush home and make a stupid decision on the way then wind up in a different hospital all because I wanted to ride.
The baby? Austin is doing real well. He's 3 weeks old, and very happy when he's asleep. I'm sure there's lots more affection headed his way.
:flashy

1 - 20 of 26 Posts