BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well.. I went to Pacific Yamaha today to pick up some motor oil for my bike.. and there was a brand spankin' new '02 R1 on the floor (Silver of course)... with a 1 day permit on it.

The guy was showing some other guy all the goodies, and turned the ignition on... I love those little marker lights in the upper head light... very cool. And the adjustable shift light? Very cool..

Very very nice bike. :eek

Arghh.. the humanity...

·
resident monkey boy
806 Posts
i know how you feel man, we should have waited instead of buying the 6...although i'd scare myself shitless on the R1:laughing

·
Just Another Enthusiast
2,051 Posts
Adjustable shift light? You mean you can adjust the rpms that the light comes on at? That sounds totally cool! :)

·
[Oo=vw=oO]
761 Posts
You guys use shift lights? I ride a few blocks with my signal accidently on cuz I don't look down enough.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Hu99 said:
Silver? Blecch! If it was a blue or red, I'd be drooling.:D
whats wrong with the silver hu?? i think it looks freagin dope imo... :eek

·
Just Another Enthusiast
2,051 Posts
GTI said:
You guys use shift lights? I ride a few blocks with my signal accidently on cuz I don't look down enough.
Oh, you are one of THOSE...:rolleyes I never understood the whole leaving the signal one, for cars or bikes. I mean, you turn it on, make your move, then turn it off. Simple. Better yet, why not have automatically cancelling signals? I think the Gold Wings and Beemers have them...

·
Registered
417 Posts
vrecksler said:
I think the Gold Wings and Beemers have them...
Wonder if there are any after market goodies for that purpose ? I'm just as forgetful as GTI sometimes, so I make a habit of pressing the turn signal button once in a while for just-in-case-I-left-it-blinking purpose.

·
[Oo=vw=oO]
761 Posts
Usually it's cause I'm doing my scanning and looking out for all the "what if's". After all I just made a turn so I have a lot of new info to process. So canceling turn signal is usually 2nd on my list of stuff. Even so I know it's not good. Well, I'm still the newbie so I think it'll be more automatic this year.

So I guess the shift indicator is good for racing off the line?

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
GTI said:
Most shift lights are fairly obnoxious, but overly so... but just enough to catch your peripheral vision - certaintly not intended for you to actually look at. :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts