1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11,614 Posts
That was so lame.

·
Posing with conviction
5,396 Posts
Pretty lame I agree. The "Restarting" vid, however, is pretty funny.

EDIT:

I just watched the "Viruses" vid. It's laugh out loud funny. Great timing at the end of it.

·
The Comedy is in the Back
11,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i dont think u guys get it, the campaign is great. Its fresh and unboring.

·
Posing with conviction
5,396 Posts
It's OK Sat. It's not that fresh. Apple has been doing this style of advertising since 1998. Started with the iMac. Their "Switch" campaign really got this minimalist ironic endorsement style advertising into full swing.

Not sure depicting Windows users "as suits" is a good approach either. Demonizing and humiliating the target audience of the ads.

Apple has this habit of preaching to the converted. Not very effective way of going about things in my opinion.

I appreciate why you like the ads but there are many other aspects of the advertising that will affect its effectiveness.

·
11,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yah i know that, but i think they are clever none the less, even if they are preaching to the converted. The adds wont make me wanna buy a mac since i am a pc guy. But i can still apreciate them and i think they are quirky and well done.

·
builder of bikes
4,802 Posts
Funny how the people I usually see sitting in front of a Mac look like the suit guy and the people sitting in front of a PC look like the Mac guy...

·
11,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ya that is true, lol!!! shit i thought of that when i made my post but didnt post it cuz i figured it was common knowledge, lol! thanx cos

K

·
0 Posts
adam112 said:
Quicktime is for looooooooooooooooosers.
It's a crappy standard. It's only survived because Apple pushes it really hard. The RIAA backs them up because Apple's willing to put stupid-ass DRM stuff in.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
adam112 said:
Quicktime is for looooooooooooooooosers.
I like Quicktime because you don't have the buffer problems. It just loads and you can hit play when you want and rewind when you want. WMV seems to be all over the place. (Buffering....10%, 20%, 0%... bahhhh).

1 - 16 of 16 Posts