1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Get outta the fast lane!!
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Registered
8,260 Posts
Excellent! I have been looking for one at the >$200 range and this will do it!

Thanks for the info. My closest LD is 720KM away so its not a place I get to browse very often!

·
Premium Member
5,256 Posts
I picked up the last one in Mission, it's a good deal! Then I gave it to my mom and told her to give it too me for Christmas. :laughing

·
Registered
8,260 Posts
I just bought the last one at the Lonsdale store. They're discontinued so get one now, explain to the wife later!

Of course I didn't follow that advice, I got permission first!:D

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
FYI, i got the garmin C530.

the source is selling it at 420.00. the C530 and the C330 are both at the SAME price. end price ended up being at 485 dollars.
the (C530)promo ends in a few days go get it.. I LOVE the damn thing..

·
Registered
8,260 Posts
I saw the 530 yesterday. It is a good unit and a good price but I required a GPS be waterproof for mounting on the bike.

·
Registered
274 Posts
shet,,,gotta get one..!!!..when does the sale ends..?...i checked LD website and they dont have it there....guess i'll just go to the store and see for myself...

·
Registered
3,938 Posts
I got one from the King George Hwy store. They have one left.

Thanks for the tip.

·
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
SHIT! Sale ended today (DEC 3). Sorry guys, I was in a hurry to run outta the house when I posted up last minute. Doh.

·
Registered
8,260 Posts
Thanks again for the heads up. Did you get one?

·
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
No, I didn't get one myself. Wife said "no". I do have a WAY-OLD Lowrance gpsmap-100 collecting dust. Originally used it for connecting to my laptop in the boat but ended up getting a usb-mouse type gps unit fitted to the roof of the boat. Aluminum really shields gps signals! Might see what kind of maps I can find for that old Lowrance unit, I know you can get decent detail with US maps for kitsap area.

Anyhow, for those that bought one of these lemme know how you like it.

·
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
get a garmin gps 17 and plug it into your pda or laptop.
Most pda's and laptops aren't water proof. Hence the problem. I have a usb gps-mouse for my laptop but no way I'm mounting all that to the handlebars. :laughing

Seriously though, if you stick with a laptop in your car you can get a usb gps mouse for around $50 bucks now. Any mapping software like Microslut Streets & Trips or whatever u want to use works great with it. Much cheaper than hooking up a dedicated gps.

Here's one: http://cgi.ebay.ca/Brand-new-USB-GP...62QQihZ015QQcategoryZ4668QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
the c530 garmin was great. i took it down with me at US and it was freaking fantastic.

my gf needed an eye lash curler.. i was like wtffff... my gf punched in drug stores. BAM, 4 turns, 2 blocks later. the place was still there and it got us there. Then after the bike show, we needed to go do some shopping. it was 8:30, click and click on the GPS and bam, it had a phoen number. We called before and found out it closes in 10 mins. saved us a trip over. then we looked for food and it got us to a vietnam food joint which was also cool.
I highly recommend it to anyone. it even lets me upload a sportbike rider icon so it was great.

waterproof? well.. i'm not sure if i would ride with my gps on my bike, since I won't trust the suction cup. Plus, i think it does have a lot of distraction. Lastly, I would just put it in mytank bag and maybe have an ear piece connecting to it.

·
Ride Solo
4,219 Posts
waterproof? well.. i'm not sure if i would ride with my gps on my bike, since I won't trust the suction cup. Plus, i think it does have a lot of distraction. Lastly, I would just put it in mytank bag and maybe have an ear piece connecting to it.
There are plenty of secure mounting options you can use for a GPS on a bike.

·
Swivel on it
11,659 Posts
SHIT! Sale ended today (DEC 3). Sorry guys, I was in a hurry to run outta the house when I posted up last minute. Doh.
I was in London Drugs on Steveson / No5 today and they had them in for 199 still

·
Registered
8,260 Posts
Supposedly Streets and Trips will load straight into it, there are a bunch of Baja maps on Bicimaps that will cost over $100 for both ends of Baja but are incredibly detailed.

Tons of stuff once you dig deep enough.

·
Ride Solo
4,219 Posts
They're on sale for a few days yet. The regular price is $249.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts