BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tis been ages since I last posted a msg in here.

I used to ride a 1994 CBR, but sold it to move to Ottawa to undertake an MA. I recently acquired a 1992 CBR 600 that runs amazing. However, I hated the UK body kit. Unfortunately, installing aftermarket-Chinese plastics turned into a nightmare as I realized the bikes secrets, and lost the front upper and lower left fairings to wind-sheer on the freeway (aftermarket rad and belly mounts compromised the kit's integrity).

So, a naked bike it shall become as I can't squeeze a refund or replacement plastics out of the seller. Thus, I'm here to get some input. What sort of lamps, digital tac, etc. would work? I'm also hoping to either swap or shorten the tail. Either an F4i conversion (allows me to better hide the rectifier regulator and ECU, or make it akin to a cafe racer/Buel.

I love the look of this custom streetfighter by MotoHanger, but am loath to invest that much money at this point in time.

So, thoughts? If I have to do some minor fabricating, that's cool. Just tell me what's required if possible!

Cheers!

·
Registered
8,227 Posts
If you can go into the project to have something to do on those long Ontario nights, it would be worthwhile. I suppose that a bike that old and in that condition wouldn't be bringing a particularly high selling price, so why not?

FYI, that headlight, Nalgene coolant bottle and lack of a front fender heat up an already heaty bike.

·
Registered
368 Posts
it's a gsxr tail/subframe, with an ebay headlight, with lotsa paint to clean it up...

if that's too much money for ya.. a streetfighter may not be up your alley..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts