BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys
my virgin bike got scratched today and got splashed with water.... i parked in metrotown..... in front of the jap restaurant, sui sha ya?

yea... the place i parked had like 5cms of water due to the rain..... anywayz i parked there..... came back like 1 hour later..... obviously someone kicked the water purposely on my bike..... then scratched the ass part of it... now there's some white markings on the paint near the exhaust.

hmmmm, what do i do? make a claim? i got comprehensive.... but deductible is 500..... i was wondering, how much a small repaint job would be, so if i need to make a claim or not

just wanted to let you guys know..... so be cautious about parking and be on a lookout for those pricks who need a beating

·
just enjoying the ride...
148 Posts
hey guys
my virgin bike got scratched today... <snip>
sucks... if scratches not too bad can try colored wax 'crayon' for paint touch up. Can get at various auto supply places, Canadian tire.

G

·
go into the resturaunt and ask which "JAP" splashed water on yur bike ,,see what kind of response you get ,You might not want your bike there at the same time thou .

·
Twin A
8,019 Posts
are you sure it was water?

·
Addicted to speed
237 Posts
could it be someone maybe sat on it and scratched it up with a boot or something, splashing water on it while lifting their leg on and off the bike? That would take it down from vandalism to ignorance. Thats a pretty high deductible to pay for some tail scratches...I'm sure someone could fix it up for less than that

·
it time snu-snu!!
245 Posts
this might be a long shot, but might worth a try, see if there is any security camara around, and try to get the footage...lol i guess i have been watching too much csi...

·
Time to Ride...
109 Posts
polish her up... n if need be, a lil touch up paint. I don't think 5 bills is worth it for a few little scratches.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
well, the whole bike is dried, except for the front..... so someone was standing in front and kicked the water....

ps: ssblade..... why did you have to let everyone know i have a pink helmet.... now everyone knows..... was gonna save it for valentine's day before telling everyone....sigh:eek

·
No the pic is not me
930 Posts
well, the whole bike is dried, except for the front..... so someone was standing in front and kicked the water....

ps: ssblade..... why did you have to let everyone know i have a pink helmet.... now everyone knows..... was gonna save it for valentine's day before telling everyone....sigh:eek
He said pink lettered hat, but thanks for letting us know about the helmet. Note to self, don't whistle at all people wearing pink helmets.

·
SuperStyling
3,098 Posts
I'll tell ya, never ride your bike to anywhere, only ride it leisurely and park it at home.

There are so many naughty kids at metrotown. If they see something that they can poke fun at, they will. Last time I saw an egg smashed on the seat of a bike.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
bike covers would be nice if i really have to park outside...... ppl will usually just walk past it..... "probably some junk"

·
West Koots, I'm here....
3,226 Posts
I figure that since you parked it at "motown", you should be grateful that all you have to show for that is a tiny scratch and some water spots. As many others have experienced, it could be much much worse.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts