BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who is coming, I am going for sure, it's really important for those of you who like to see the Canadian national races in BC to come out and support the WMRC.

So go buy a ticket, buy one for yourself, loved ones, friends, co-workers etc....the races are not available on Satellite or pay per view, this is the only place pretty much to see the Daytona 200

The Big Deal:

$10 -

* Daytona 200 race
* SBK race afterwards
* 1 free Beer
* tons of prizes (motorcycle related)
* get to watch the race on BIG BIG BIG screen TV & 300 other motorcyclists/racers

DAYTONA PARTY 2002

Sunday, March 10th at Maverick's Bar and Grill

Doors open at 11am Tickets are $10, include

One free beverage (between 12 and 2)

Great prizes and "a whole day of motorcycle entertainment"

Once again, Bernie Ryan is organizing, what is becoming an annual event for the club, the Daytona Party. It will be at Maverick's Bar & Grill at the Plaza of Nation (across from BC Place Stadium). The event holds a big screen for watching the event that starts the Race Season off, a free beer with your ticket, prize give-away and general fun, mayhem and socializing.

We wish to stress pre-purchasing your tickets. The more we know "how many" the more we can do for all there. This is a club fundraiser, so not only do you get the free beer but you are supporting the club for future events. See the list below for ticket sellers.

Tickets available at :

Monday meetings (Jan. 21 / Feb 18)
Burnaby Kawasaki
CR Cycles
House of Buell
Carter Motorsports
Pacific Yamaha
Richmond Motorsports
Imperial Motorcycles
Clearbrook Motorsport
British Italian Motorcycles
Motorcycle World

Great Prizes supplied by :

Carter Motorsports
Pacific Yamaha
Deeley's House of Buell
Clearbrook Motorsport
Richmond Motorsports
CR Cycle
Burnaby Kawasaki

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Out of curiosity, what time does the race start? And if it's not available on Satellite or PPV, how is Mavericks getting it?

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
I've got my ticket!

Come on guys, lets see a big BCSB showing! :)

FYI: Talking with Trevor at BK, he mentioned there may have been some confusion as to the time the race starts, it may be 9:00am. He told me to call him a few days before to confirm the time. I'll post here to make sure everyone knows.

Jim.

C

·
0 Posts
I may have my bike on hte road insured by this date....

DO I SMELL A BCSPORTBIKES.COM GROUP RIDE TO MAVERICK's.....????

Ahhhh crap. I just remembered the perk was "1 FREE BEER".... okay, nevermind....

and plus im in the wrong sub-forum...

okay, ignore this... hahaha :confused :laughing :D :p

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The race will be shown on a delayed viewing, that's how Mavericks is getting it. Race starts at 11am so try and be there earlier, get good seats, Mavericks will also most liklely have a buffet there as well along with regular al-a-carte items.....

We should all have a BCSB group there, if you guys need parking or anything let me know the hotel is not too far....

We need to have a good turnout....events like these make the "test & Tune" days and the races possible and cheaper....

and for $10 ?? how can you possibley not go ?

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Big Jim said:
FYI.. I merged this thread with the one in open.

Jim.

Jim I can't find the thread in open, I wanted to place it there as well so that people don't miss it....

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Ok, now I'm really curious as to how they're getting it, what does a "delayed viewing" mean really? It's not like they're getting someone to film it there and then fly the jet to Mavericks, so it's obviously coming off of Satellite or Cable.. no?

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
absolutdm said:
Ok, now I'm really curious as to how they're getting it, what does a "delayed viewing" mean really? It's not like they're getting someone to film it there and then fly the jet to Mavericks, so it's obviously coming off of Satellite or Cable.. no?

Hey man, Westwood has been around for a long long time, starting the careers of Steve Dick and Steve Crevier.....so, somethings we just don't question....lol.....(it's better this way, adds some "magic" to the WMRC)

·
Just Another Enthusiast
2,051 Posts
If we cannot make it, can we still buy a ticket and perhaps win a draw prize or is attendance mandatory? I have field lacrosse on Sunday afternoons, but I have always been a sucker for prizes. :)

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Not to draw anyone away from this event, because I think it's important that we show by coming out to these events that we want more racing activities in BC; however, Human, your competely wrong because the race is on Speedvision, and I have no doubt that's how we'll be watching it. On top of that, either were watching a delayed race or something because it shows as starting at 1:00pm EST.. which would be 10:00am PST.

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
There is still confusion about the time.

Talking with Trevor at BK he said it may actually start at 10am, he told me to give him a call a couple days before and confirm what time it'll start at Mavericks..

Jim.

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Ya, I'm pretty certain it's at 10am. So they'd better tape it so we can watch it in the afternoon!!! I'm going to buy my ticket this afternoon!

·
Wear proper gear pls ;)
1,822 Posts
I'm GOING!!!

Just wanted to put my two cents in... new to posting messages on this board. :)

I am going to Mavericks (why would anyone possibly miss this?!) with my boyfriend, hopefully on my new R1, (together with his new R1) I should be getting it this week!!

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Re: I'm GOING!!!

R1 GIRL said:

I am going to Mavericks (why would anyone possibly miss this?!) with my boyfriend, hopefully on my new R1, (together with his new R1) I should be getting it this week!!
A little excited arn't we? :D:flashy

C

·
0 Posts
I was talking to Dat (from Action) and he said it starts at 9..... but goes all day....

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Well my ticket says 11am, and the race starts at 10am PST...

Has anyone actually figured this out yet?

I'd like to get a ride in the morning before I head down there.. (assuming it's nice out)

C

·
0 Posts
yae hid like ot ride out too if the weather is nice.. so i can finally meet you guys.... who's in??...

now, i wonder what the moderators are gonna do with my post... probably move me to the "meet up for rides" forum huh.... dammit!! haha. :laughing :mad :D

1 - 20 of 65 Posts