BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Still defying gravity...
2,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Couple of photos from today. This year I am going to try and get some different angles instead of the some old, same old... the weather was perfect - and no mosquitos yet! The rest of the shots will be up in a day or two.

I was in T3 cornerworking for the morning:

Good to see Mel (ZoomaFoo) on track, until the electrical gremlins ended his day early:

Spiro in T 6:

Same corner, same bike, different angle:

The 1098's looked and sounded great all day:

The thundering Buell:

Afternoon novice race from T2:

·
Shiftless clutcher
2,738 Posts
Thanks for the photo, Tony, and also to you and your Turn 3 crew for taking good care of me during my two 'visits' there on Sunday.

Turns out my electrical problem turned out to one involving the wiring in my brain -- no gas.:rolleyes On the bright side, my bike is working just fine. On the dark side, I'm an idiot. I put gas in at the end of Saturday's practice, but obviously not enough, and by the time I figured it out, my race had already started.

A big thanks to my pitmate, Steve O'Toole, who generously shared his trailer, tools, skills and knowledge all weekend, and a congrats to him for his awesome Superbike win.

Also a thanks to Darren James and his Ruthless Racing team for rushing to my aid to try and bump start my bike in the pits. A real show of class and much appreciated.

Oh well, I got lots of track time this weekend, picked up my pace and felt more comfortable with every lap. Lessons learned and looking forward to the next round.

·
Still defying gravity...
2,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Rest of the photos are done - gallery is here

If you want any photos, you can make a donation to my online donation page (e-mail me at [email protected] the web address) – any donation over $10 gets a tax receipt issued by the BC Cancer Foundation. Every penny from these photos will go to the Ride to Conquer Cancer to Seattle in June… and yes, I will be peddling my road bike and not riding the KLR!

Some samples:

·
Still defying gravity...
2,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Twin A
8,019 Posts
You got some great pics there Tony. That one of me in three with the remote camera is crazy.. it sure looks like i'm riding a mini bike!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Mel & Steve

Mel learned a valuable lesson.
Steve was ultra-gracious, not to mention ultra-fast.
Thanks guys, for letting me invade your pit for awhile.

·
Registered
131 Posts
You can totally see the shit eating grins on Troy and Gio in that shot. Love it!
I got to say we had a blast! Even though at times Troy was toying with me. I'm happy to be at least close enough for him to toy with me.

We actually rode side by side around a lot of the track. Hopefully, someone has some shots of our shit eatn grins while banked over on our sides.

Can't wait til May 15/16/17

·
Shiftless clutcher
2,738 Posts
Mel learned a valuable lesson.
Steve was ultra-gracious, not to mention ultra-fast.
Thanks guys, for letting me invade your pit for awhile.
Man, did I ever... :laughing

Steve is crazy fast, and also a fantastic pitmate. In the midst of all his preparations for his own races, he helped me so much last weekend and is incredibly generous with his time, tools and skills.

It was great to see you, Lorne, and thanks for stopping by to say hello. I can't make it over for the May 16/17 double-header, unfortunately, but I plan to be back for the June rounds... with gas, of course.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I got to say we had a blast! Even though at times Troy was toying with me. I'm happy to be at least close enough for him to toy with me.

We actually rode side by side around a lot of the track. Hopefully, someone has some shots of our shit eatn grins while banked over on our sides.

Can't wait til May 15/16/17

1 - 20 of 20 Posts