BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
BOOK YOUR DAY OFF NOW FOR THE MOST IMPORTANT DAY FOR MOTORCYCLING IN B.C.

The 17th Annual MLA Ride is on Thursday, May 4, 2006. The MLA Ride is a motorcycle ride to the Legislature Buildings in Victoria where riders arrive at noon to take the MLA's and their staff for a ride on their lunch hour, so that they can experience the thrill of motorcycling firsthand. This ride enables our members to discuss issues concerning motorcycling in B.C. with their MLA and is also the big kick off to help promote May as Motorcycle Awareness Month.

17th Annual MLA Ride
Date: Thursday, May 4, 2006
Assembly Points:
Vancouver - Riders meet at Tsawwassen Ferry terminal for 8:30 am to take 9:00am sailing
Victoria - Riders meet at Mayfair Mall on Blanshard St, Victoria at 11:00am

For information please call the B.C. Coalition of Motorcyclists at (604) 580-0111 or 1-877-580-0111.

I

·
0 Posts
Man you don't know how to organize things do you?
Try doing it on a SATURDAY, most people don't work, therefore they could go and there would be a bigger turn out.

I do realize that they(MLA's) may not work on the weekends, but ask them to come on a Saturday. If they want to support riding, they will come.

I laugh in your general direction.:laughing

·
Registered
14 Posts
:lolup
Man, you don't know how to organize anything that involves the government, do you?

Do you actually think ANY (even ONE) MLA would show up on a weekend? Not in a million, billion years my friend. LMAO

I'm not sure they'd show up on a Saturday to save their own mother, unless they thought it would help get them re-elected.

:jk
Ironman929 said:
Try doing it on a SATURDAY, most people don't work, therefore they could go and there would be a bigger turn out.

I do realize that they(MLA's) may not work on the weekends, but ask them to come on a Saturday. If they want to support riding, they will come.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We are excited to announce that for the first time ever our Premier, Gordon Campbell, will be attending the 17th Annual MLA Ride on Thursday, May 4th!

Here is a list of the MLA's that have been confirmed to date:

LIBERAL MLA's
Gordon Campbell
Michael de Jong
Claude Richmond
Al Horning
Mary Polak
Ron Cantelon
Katherine Whittred
Richard Neufeld
Blair Lekstrom
Iain Black
John Rustad
Shirley Bond
Olga Ilich
John Yap
Lorne Mayencourt
Ralph Sultan

NDP MLA's
Katrine Conroy
Mike Farnworth
Leonard Krog
Jenny Kwan
Chuck Puchmayr
Bruce Ralston
Nicholas Simons
Diane Thorne

There will also be several staff that would like to go on the ride as well. So please bring an extra helmet with you if possible!

You can find out who your MLA at this link: http://www.legis.gov.bc.ca/mla/3-1-1.htm

Some of you may want to call their office ahead of time and arrange to take them on the ride or arrange some time to speak with them about any motorcycling issues that are important to you. Please note that a ride has already been arranged for Gordon Campbell.

17th Annual MLA Ride
Date: Thursday, May 4, 2006
Assembly Points
Vancouver: Riders meet at Tsawwassen Ferry terminal to take 9am sailing
Victoria: Riders meet at Mayfair Mall, Blanshard St, Victoria, 11am
For info please call (604) 580-0111 or 1-877-580-0111

THIS EVENT GOES RAIN OR SHINE!

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Ironman929 said:

Most MLAs have a pretty hectic schedule. Many fly into Victoria on Monday morning and go back to the constituency on Friday evening. They put in long hours, so having it on a weekday makes sense.

·
The new kid
359 Posts
Never too late to do some networking! How many are needed for the motorcycle ferry discount?

·
Registered
8,725 Posts
Digit Treesloth said:
Never too late to do some networking! How many are needed for the motorcycle ferry discount?
Groups of 6 or more.
All have to cross the booths at the same time.
All can pay individually.
25% discount is on the bike, not the passengers/riders

So, next time you have to take the ferry and have time, stop before the booth and wait for 5 more bikes before crossing. I usually wave the bikes towards me and form a group.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts