BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Just Another Enthusiast
2,051 Posts
I am not a fan of the green machine. It looks great in burgandy, but green--too eighties. ;)

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
Crazy Guy said:
Lloyd never seen your oldie look so good.

I will forgive you Crazy Guy, but the picture is that of a 2002 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-9R which will and is going to kick the filmsy ass of the 954 :D :D

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Human said:

I will forgive you Crazy Guy, but the picture is that of a 2002 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-9R which will and is going to kick the filmsy ass of the 954 :D :D
The Ninja 900 may not be able to kick a 954's ass, but it has a secret weapon: When the 954 rider is exhausted and sore, and can't ride another mile (say about 45 mins into any ride) then the Kwak will sail past and add insult to injury by sounding so damn good.:laughing

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
bl1tz said:
how's your OLD bike doing at bk?!?!
It has a slight cough and a fever of 104, but the doctor said it should pull through. What d'ya mean "How is it doing?":eek:rder

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
Hu99 said:

The Ninja 900 may not be able to kick a 954's ass, but it has a secret weapon: When the 954 rider is exhausted and sore, and can't ride another mile (say about 45 mins into any ride) then the Kwak will sail past and add insult to injury by sounding so damn good.:laughing

Sorry, but I honestly thing the 9R can haul the 954's ass....and I am mean, you riding both of the bikes on one track and will be doing faster on the 9R....

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
Hu99 said:

It has a slight cough and a fever of 104, but the doctor said it should pull through. What d'ya mean "How is it doing?":eek:rder

Well you know Blitz is wondering if she is seeing someone or whether she is available....Valentine's coming up you know...:D:D

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Human said:

Sorry, but I honestly thing the 9R can haul the 954's ass....and I am mean, you riding both of the bikes on one track and will be doing faster on the 9R....
For brute force, it would be very hard for any bike to beat the 9R. The R1, GSX1000R and CBR954RR would take it on the track if all riders were equal, but on the real roads, I'd put my money on the Niner any time.

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
Hu99 said:

For brute force, it would be very hard for any bike to beat the 9R. The R1, GSX1000R and CBR954RR would take it on the track if all riders were equal, but on the real roads, I'd put my money on the Niner any time.

no way man, the 9R can rule on the track, especially on a track like mission, it's got the most torque and very decent hp for the cc it's got, and not to mention I have heard the the 2002 9R is a quick revving pupy, even the damn skeptics are surprised.

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Human said:

no way man, the 9R can rule on the track, especially on a track like mission, it's got the most torque and very decent hp for the cc it's got, and not to mention I have heard the the 2002 9R is a quick revving pupy, even the damn skeptics are surprised.
Really? And all that for $9,999. Why spend $5,000 more on a 'Zuke?

·
Just Another Enthusiast
2,051 Posts
Hu99 said:

Really? And all that for $9,999. Why spend $5,000 more on a 'Zuke?
Especially since the Suzukis sound like they are not very reliable. Go with the safe choices; Honda or Yamaha. ;)

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
vrecksler said:

Especially since the Suzukis sound like they are not very reliable. Go with the safe choices; Honda or Yamaha. ;)
I guess your keyboard stopped working, so I'll finish it for you:

or Kawasaki.

You're welcome.:D

·
Registered
227 Posts
aint too sure...
but i've heard that the gixxers tend to overheat easily... especially on the track....
is that true??

·
Super Moderator
5,114 Posts
ok, enough of the suzuki bashing :)

gixxers dont overheat. Ok, I dunno about those 96-99 750 & 97-2000 600 SRAD style gixxers, they seemed to have a few minor problems here and there, but the new generation of gixxers really have no problems. The 2000 750 supposely has the weak 2nd gear, but as for 2001 and up, no problems.

And really, if all you care about is big power and handling, then why settle for anything less than a gixxer1000.... hell, even the 750 is putting out power close to the 9r, r1's and 929.

If you want a balls out, no compromise true race-replica sportbike, get a gixxer. Kawi's are for old grannies, just look at those silly grab handles :laughing ok ok ok, they are fast and are not bad bikes :) but really, why dont the other manufacturers provide seat cowls for their race-reps??? it puzzles me.....

and can someone tell me why does the hell Yamaha use 5 valves per cylinder in it's R1 engine for the past several years, while everybody else uses 4 valves per cylinder??

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Canadian_Gixxer said:

Kawi's are for old grannies, just look at those silly grab handles :laughing why dont the other manufacturers provide seat cowls for their race-reps???
2002 ZX-9R comes with a single seat cowl, and I won't touch the granny comment. Just don't let my granny read it, she loves her Ninja.

can someone tell me why does the hell Yamaha use 5 valves per cylinder in it's R1 engine for the past several years, while everybody else uses 4 valves per cylinder??
'Coz they still hold the patent! When the patent on the EXUP expired last year, look who suddenly came up with an exhaust valve to increase midrange: Honda & Suzuki. ;)

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
Canadian_Gixxer said:

gixxers dont overheat. Ok, I dunno about those 96-99 750 & 97-2000 600 SRAD style gixxers, they seemed to have a few minor problems here and there, but the new generation of gixxers really have no problems. The 2000 750 supposely has the weak 2nd gear, but as for 2001 and up, no problems.

And really, if all you care about is big power and handling, then why settle for anything less than a gixxer1000.... hell, even the 750 is putting out power close to the 9r, r1's and 929.

If you want a balls out, no compromise true race-replica sportbike, get a gixxer. Kawi's are for old grannies, just look at those silly grab handles :laughing ok ok ok, they are fast and are not bad bikes :) but really, why dont the other manufacturers provide seat cowls for their race-reps??? it puzzles me.....

and can someone tell me why does the hell Yamaha use 5 valves per cylinder in it's R1 engine for the past several years, while everybody else uses 4 valves per cylinder??

It's not just about how much power, you got to look at where the power is available along the rev. range. And as one person once told me it's 10% bike 90% rider.

But if bragging rights is what you want over common sense evryday practicality then go for a gixxer....by the way how many times have you taken your "race replica" bike on the race track, not trying to inflame you or anything but just think about it, how many of us are actually going to come even 70% close to using the full potential of our bikes ???? and if you do come down to bragging rights, let it be known that Kawasaki has way more race victories in the AMA and Canadian than anyone else, it has also won the WSB and WSS, don't see no suz. up on the podium there.....don't confuse differing bike design ideologies with weakness

And I think Yami's use of the 5 valves and EXUP are great, they have also just recently discouvered a way to weld metals and use thinner metals in engine components thereby reducing weight, and that they plan to make available to everyone,

Don't get me wrong I like all bikes, Yamis, Suz., Hondas, Kawis, Enflieds, HD, Buells, each one is unique in it's own right and appeals to a different kind of person, it doesn't prove one is better than the other.....motorcycling is more of a social science than an acutal science where hard tests can be done, it's like figure skating :D:D:D

·
Super Moderator
5,114 Posts
Human said:

It's not just about how much power, you got to look at where the power is available along the rev. range. And as one person once told me it's 10% bike 90% rider.

But if bragging rights is what you want over common sense evryday practicality then go for a gixxer....by the way how many times have you taken your "race replica" bike on the race track, not trying to inflame you or anything but just think about it, how many of us are actually going to come even 70% close to using the full potential of our bikes ???? and if you do come down to bragging rights, let it be known that Kawasaki has way more race victories in the AMA and Canadian than anyone else, it has also won the WSB and WSS, don't see no suz. up on the podium there.....don't confuse differing bike design ideologies with weakness
Someone should create a forum just for bashing each other :laughing call it the "Fight Club" forum or something :laughing :laughing

I would love to take my bike onto a track, but I can't afford to fix the damn thing over and OVER again (WHEN) I crash it :(

suzuki has quite the few championships as well in recent years, but I wont get into that, our bikes might look the same as the ones they race, but they are quite a bit different....

but dammit, too many kawi riders on this board.... <sigh> I give up, you ninja guys win :( where are my gixxer/tiller brothers when I need em :) :laughing

·
resident monkey boy
806 Posts
Canadian_Gixxer said:
but dammit, too many kawi riders on this board.... <sigh> I give up, you ninja guys win :( where are my gixxer/tiller brothers when I need em :) :laughing
i was bored and looked at the members rides and there is actually more zooks than any thing else on the board it's us yamaha guys that are out numbered

1 - 20 of 37 Posts