BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the second stage of my truck buying experience.
I'm going for an import, ideally a Toyota, but I'm told Nissans are amazing as well. But all i've seen in the buyandsell are a whole lot of Mazda B2200, 2600, etc. Anyone know how reliable these are? They're pretty cheap, that's what i gather from looking at the prices, but are they any good?

Looks like I may get my truck sooner than later, too.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
No matter what import truck you go with, out of the big three (mazda, toyota, nissan) you cant go wrong. In a way the mazda is better anyway cause they are not as prone to rusting as fast as the other two. We had a mazda B 2200 years ago and it was a great truck with no major service needed for as long as we owned it. We sold it at 275,000 k's and it still ran like a dream.

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
Ryan is right. Any of the Big 3 manufacturers make an excellent product. The reason there are so many Mazda's around is that Mazda flooded the market with low priced p/u's during the past 10-15 years. There's nothing wrong with them, there's just more of them around. I had a 1990 Mazda B2200 that ran until I sold it and never gave me a minute's trouble. It was a tank, and if I'd kept it, I'll bet it would still be running strong. My only other experience was with a 1993 Nissan V6 p/u. Great truck with lots of power, but plagued with a fuel supply gremlin that would make her run rough when cold...very annoying. I kept if for 8 years and finally got rid of her when she failed AirCare. My advice? Find a Mazda, it will run forever, and cost you nothing in maintenance.

·
Premium Member
11,195 Posts
Mazda's are properley priced because they are not as popular for some strange reason. A guy at work has had one for years and it's always been reliable and at about 10 years old it still looks good too.

You could do a LOT worse.

Remember to stay with 2 wheel drive for lowest prices, better reliability and better zip with smaller and more economical engines.

Unless you actually plan on using the 4WD for it's intended off road purpose.........

PS: and 2WD's are lower in the bed height too so you can get your bike in and out easier.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i just heard a horror story about the Mazda B2200's but i guess that guy just got a lemon. I hear they are extra hard on the brakes and that you'll need to replace the shoes more often, any comments on that?
I'm sure that for what i'll be using the truck for, anything will be fine. Off to the buy and sells. Anyone know of a good used truck dealership?

·
Premium Member
11,195 Posts
Automatic tranny maybe? Or just a habitual brake dragger.

Or maybe he buys his pads from Lordco. Sorry Lordco dudes but a set I got for my wife's Tempo tore the rotors to shit and only lasted about 15000 kms. I wasn't too happy about that...

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
Prolly one of those guys driving around with a load of topsoil and the front wheels in the air.:D

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
oh, the agony. What perfect weather today for riding around in a pick up truck!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts