BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
User And Abuser
3,912 Posts
that battle has been going on for a long time. <=My friend Jon Mutiger had an ongoing feud with a resident who lives at one of the entrances to Mcnutt,the woman thinks all offroad motorcycles should be banned outright in Canada.

·
Racin' anyone anytime
51 Posts
It's a little less than a feud, it's more like mutual disrespect that's ongoing.

The timeline story goes a little like this:

Feb 2006, I arrive in BC to start my new life
Feb 2006, I open the local paper to find out some lady thinks all things motorized should be banned
Feb 2006, I write to the paper, and get a small rebuttal published
March 2006, I find as many names of people as I can who dirt bike, I contact them all, and let them all know what's going on.
April 2006, I host a ride at McNutt/Blue Mountain and about 85 people show up. Including the local mayor, who didn't like the gong show he saw. People were parked everywhere, and riding everywhere the shouldn't have been.
Summer 2006, I ride McNutt each and every Wednesday night and basically host a really good quality ride, and get support for the cause which turns out to be already in place. The Blue Mountain Motorcycle Club was formed solely to help get names to help the fight against the closure of the mountain.
October 2006, I hosted 20 people at my house in Maple Ridge, fed them all, gave them all beer, all with the intention of getting everyone on the same page so that we as a group could more effectively channel our energies.
Ongoing 2006, People still don't respect the signs posted, and still continue to trespass on private property, still ride loud bikes, and still ride up and down the road WHICH IS HIGHLY ILLEGAL, no matter how close to a riding area you are.
Today 2006, just get the word out there that this is a real issue, and we're trying to fight it politically so it's sustainable. e-mail the Blue Mountain Motorcycle Club and offer up your name to add to the list if you support what we are doing. There is no fee to join, and no meetings to attend.
email contact: [email protected]

Thanks,

Jon Mutiger

·
Ya, whatever.
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's a little less than a feud, it's more like mutual disrespect that's ongoing.

The timeline story goes a little like this:

Feb 2006, I arrive in BC to start my new life
Feb 2006, I open the local paper to find out some lady thinks all things motorized should be banned
Feb 2006, I write to the paper, and get a small rebuttal published
March 2006, I find as many names of people as I can who dirt bike, I contact them all, and let them all know what's going on.
April 2006, I host a ride at McNutt/Blue Mountain and about 85 people show up. Including the local mayor, who didn't like the gong show he saw. People were parked everywhere, and riding everywhere the shouldn't have been.
Summer 2006, I ride McNutt each and every Wednesday night and basically host a really good quality ride, and get support for the cause which turns out to be already in place. The Blue Mountain Motorcycle Club was formed solely to help get names to help the fight against the closure of the mountain.
October 2006, I hosted 20 people at my house in Maple Ridge, fed them all, gave them all beer, all with the intention of getting everyone on the same page so that we as a group could more effectively channel our energies.
Ongoing 2006, People still don't respect the signs posted, and still continue to trespass on private property, still ride loud bikes, and still ride up and down the road WHICH IS HIGHLY ILLEGAL, no matter how close to a riding area you are.
Today 2006, just get the word out there that this is a real issue, and we're trying to fight it politically so it's sustainable. e-mail the Blue Mountain Motorcycle Club and offer up your name to add to the list if you support what we are doing. There is no fee to join, and no meetings to attend.
email contact: [email protected]

Thanks,

Jon Mutiger
Bang baby! That is the goods I have been searching for laid out by someone in the know.
Thanks Jon for your efforts in organising a bunch of motorheads.

·
Racin' anyone anytime
51 Posts
No Problem Sloan,

Gotta start somewhere eh?

My bike's engine is back together, but still waiting for some externally mounted power valve stuff. So the right side cover isn't back on yet, and I haven't gone through the linkage and suspension yet. So, to be honest until I get some time on my hands, I'm not going to be done anytime soon unfortunately. I do want to do it right, and do it all while I'm in there.

Jon

·
es ist orange und bellt
1,784 Posts
I rode Mcnutt years ago in the early 90's and it's an awesome place to ride...even back then it was not a friendly place to be with a dirt bike.

·
Ya, whatever.
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I rode Mcnutt years ago in the early 90's and it's an awesome place to ride...even back then it was not a friendly place to be with a dirt bike.
I've heard it will be a good workout onteh xr650r. Light bikes are for pussys.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts