BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Calling ALL riders! We need you there for the 2012 Vancouver Scooter / Motorcycle Parking Rally Saturday May 5th, 7:45 am just east of the Vancouver Aquatic Center at 1050 Beach Ave. From there we will ride to a destination downtown and occupy single vehicle parking spaces until 11am. The purpose is to follow up on our rally in 2010 which resulted in our motion for dedicated on-street parking being passed by Council (you may have noticed the painted triangles appearing in Vancouver on the far side of intersections, just after crosswalks).Why are we doing this? Because we want MORE parking and FREE parking for motorcycles and scooters. Your presence gets media attention which then shows Council we mean business. The rationale for all of this can be found on our website www.mcparking.ca and on our facebook page Vancouver Scooter / Motorcycle Parking Initiative. You can also follow on Twitter @mcparking. Please help with this. If you've been ticketed, towed or had your bike knocked over while parked, you know this is worth three hours of your time and $6 (for parking). We'll have prizes you may even win. We can also use volunteers NOW! See you all on May 5th

·
Registered
211 Posts
Please try and give a short demo / lesson on the proper way to park in a designated spot. I've seen some morons park parallel style dab smack in the middle and hog the whole spot.

·
Ridin Dirty
5,011 Posts
Please try and give a short demo / lesson on the proper way to park in a designated spot. I've seen some morons park parallel style dab smack in the middle and hog the whole spot.
that is the point of the rally, to illustrate how dumb the one bike per spot rule is... I thought anyway...

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
that is the point of the rally, to illustrate how dumb the one bike per spot rule is... I thought anyway...
Nooooooo, the City wants more than 1 bike per spot, because the last time I was DT at Triple O's off Robson/Thurlow, the meter maid came by and there were 5 motorcycles in the spot and the meter had run out so one of the riders went to plug it and was told that next time if she came by and the meter shows empty every bike in the spot gets a ticket! :hangman

·
A very fast 250!
164 Posts
Nooooooo, the City wants more than 1 bike per spot, because the last time I was DT at Triple O's off Robson/Thurlow, the meter maid came by and there were 5 motorcycles in the spot and the meter had run out so one of the riders went to plug it and was told that next time if she came by and the meter shows empty every bike in the spot gets a ticket! :hangman
Sounds about right.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I was referring to the new "designated" motorcycle / scooter spots. Not the cage spots. Should be able to get 3 bikes in one of those "designated" spots. Whatever.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts