BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've recently seen a couple of big shops in Victoria merge, namely Island BMW and Savage MC. This shows if anything the change in ownership from retirement, changes in building lease costs [British Italian, Shail's MC] , perhaps municipal zoning changes which is bringing in high occupancy towers [GA Checkpoint as the last bike shop in Port Moody moving out] and other reasons [Modern losing Suzuki to Daytona].
I'm wondering how many of us here would follow either manufacture location, or personnel relocation if movement of your local shop happens?

·
Registered Luser
2,115 Posts
Seems like it would be a tough business. *Unless the hobby suddenly explodes or rents drop, closures and consolidations will continue. *The last few years have seen lots of bike stores fold up.
I didn’t know holeshot lost/gave up Kawasaki. *They tell me it’s been a few years now. **

·
Registered
8,222 Posts
I was over at Beachcomber Spas in Poco today and saw Mountain Motorcycles ...... a couple of guys working on Beta or GasGas trials bikes. Nothing big, pretty well trails guys and a Beta dirt bike ...... it was new to me.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Ohhh hut tubbing it!

Some of those betas look nice. They make a couple dual sports I was considering as they were still basically full on dirtbikes. Kind of pricey though. *

·
Registered Abuser
20 Posts
The Island BMW/Savage Cycles merge was the result of good timing... both of the owners of these dealerships each was looking to get out (Augie of Island BMW moved back to Chicago, Alex of Savage wanted to retire) and there was a rich guy wanting to buy into the industry. Tom scooped up both (Motorrad first, Savage just recently) and has re-Christened them as Island Motorcycle Company. He's got deep pockets so good things are expected.

·
Posing with conviction
5,384 Posts
LOL

Well. Ted sold Imperial MC. And he's working at Maple Ridge MS.

Maple Ridge MS is taking on Suzuki, after dropping Arctic Cat.
Well that is interesting... Ted selling Imperial and working at Maple Ridge MS who've taken on Suzuki.

Who is repping Yamaha? I presume Daytona still is.

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well that is interesting... Ted selling Imperial and working at Maple Ridge MS who've taken on Suzuki.

Who is repping Yamaha? I presume Daytona still is.
Yup.

Suzuki Canada presented Suzuki to Daytona's 2 shops, the day after taking it away from Modern, and, exactly 1 year later, taking it from Motorcycle World to Daytona Surrey. Followed by the Suzuki regional rep getting fired because Suzuki sales crashed across the board from dropping Motorcycle World.

·
Registered Luser
2,115 Posts
so, fair to say that if you want to kick tires on new kawi sportbike, it's Burnaby kawi or nothing?
MRM and sea2sky are more off road oriented it seems.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Who the fuck would prefer dealing with Fenton over dealing with Eddie? No wonder Suzuki sales shit the bed.

Frodo v Sauron. Eeek.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts