BC Sport Bikes Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I did it. Got the exhaust thrown on, and the bike jets and such tuned. Seems to run good, sounds great, and I can't get over just how good it looks. The fit and finish is amazing, and I was able to keep my rear foot pegs with the adapter that Micron included. I can't wait for a sunny day when I can open her up a little.. the rain didn't provide that - although did provide me with my first cornering experience with losing traction and sliding my tire around a curved road.. oh what fun. ;)

The standard shots: (gotta get rid of the reflector)

Inside the Garage:

The Video:
It's about 11MB in Windows Media Format (WMV), Windows media player should play it without any troubles. Right click and save to disk for best results. Oh, and go easy on me, it's the first video I've ever put together. ;)

Micron vs. Stock Exhaust on a 2001 R6 Video

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
Interesting. First time I've seen a direct comparison. How much was the total bill for that much change to your bike including the re-jet etc?

·
Super Moderator
5,114 Posts
the pipe looks sweet dude....

I also like the new license plate :laughing :laughing

·
Premium Member
11,196 Posts
Nice vid. I especially like the Satanic eclipse of the sun when the new pipe went on. Very cool and disturbing.......... :evilgrin

Only suggestion is that you should have gotten a light on the side of the bike for the night runs to show off the pipe.

Sounds VERY nice. More like an internal combustion engine rather than a runaway Cuisinart......

No camping for you though. No place to put saddle bags. Or maybe you could rig a temporary heatshield grid to hold the bags off the pipe.

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ya, no camping for me.. oh well.. ;)

Unforuntetly I was far too lazy to drag out the super high wattage work light to get a good shot of the exhaust in the video. Maybe I'll re-do it when we have some sun come out.

I know I found it frustrating trying to find what pipes sounded like when I went looking around.. and without hearing the same place same type of recording it's difficult to really compare them. None of the sound clips I found did a before and after.. so I hope this helps someone decide on what they're looking for.

·
Resident Banana
2,694 Posts
Saw it, heard it.....all I have to say is.....Sweetness.

I don't know if the exhaust frames the bike or vice-versa but they compliment each other.

·
Premium Member
11,196 Posts
absolutdm said:
.....I know I found it frustrating trying to find what pipes sounded like when I went looking around.. and without hearing the same place same type of recording it's difficult to really compare them. None of the sound clips I found did a before and after.. so I hope this helps someone decide on what they're looking for.

Yep, that was a toughey when I was looking around too.

·
moving pylon
1,428 Posts
WOW, nice video.
bike looks great now

so in total, it cost a lil over 1g?
shimming the needles = to the ivan's needle kit?

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Dunno.. we'll see on Dyno day what she pulls..

and it was wet, so I'm not sure of any performance increases really.. but it certaintly feels faster. ;)

I'll see what the Dyno says and my pants say - and then decide whether she gets Ivan's needles or not. And no, it's not the same.. but close.

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
IMHO to pay about $1000 for the net gain is a little too much, but to each his own. Enjoy it.:D

·
moving pylon
1,428 Posts
Hu99 said:
IMHO to pay about $1000 for the net gain is a little too much, but to each his own. Enjoy it.:D

im gonna agree with you right now but im gonna disagree with you when i save up enough for a system myself:D :D :D

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
bl1tz said:

im gonna agree with you right now but im gonna disagree with you when i save up enough for a system myself:D :D :D
I'm sure my opinion will be altered by the fruity tones of a race pipe.:D

G

·
Hey absolutdm,

which jet kit did you buy? Ivan's? Factory? Dynojet? Is the $170 including the jet kit? I just realized that maybe you didn't even buy a jet kit. You probablly just used the stock jets. Let me know. Was is Pacific that did it for you? Let us know if they do a good job of tuning. Thanks.

·
[Oo=vw=oO]
761 Posts
Nice. Looks like you had to lose the right turn signal. So is re-jetting part worth the money and easy to do?

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
How are you going to compensate for the missing right turn signal? Integrator, flushmounts?

·
resident monkey boy
806 Posts
looks good Adam, thanks for throwing the sound/video clip up for us to check out...hope the akro is gonna sound as nice as that

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Ya that sounds like it has a nice low growl to it. I too feel that paying over 1000 bucks for the performance is a little bit much but what ever makes you happy. I got my pipe for trading a sony discman and after hearing it I have yet to find a pipe that sounds better to me. I am getting my bike rejetted soon as well and going up 2 teeth in the rear with a 520 conversion for a little more grunt down low.

Oh ya, if you ever put your stock can back on for any reason you will wonder if your bike is even running your exhaust will sound so quiet. ;)

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I got the work done at BK, and no I didn't buy a jet kit, we just tinkered with the existing jets and tuned it.

$1000 too much? Hmm well, Akro's sell for $899CDN so I really don't think it was way out of line for a quality exhaust. And I don't think it can be beat for it's 'exclusiveness'.. I can't afford a Ducati yet, but I have a fairly unique R6 now.

THR1, I have a feeling your Akro's gonna sound great, but I hear (and have heard) they're very quiet, just a little bassier than the stock but without much more volume. Bar none the most recommended exhaust for the R6 though.

As for the turn signal, I'm currently working with my 'designer' to have a new turn signal mount made. I could go integrated, but I don't feel like dropping $110USD for the whole deal through MDWright..

1 - 20 of 32 Posts