BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I used to own a 2001 Kawasaki ZX-6R but now, that I'm older, I own a 2012 Honda CBR 125R. I wanted to get a scooter instead but found this bike and plan on staying in the lower end of the CC's. Anybody else felt the same?

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
I try to not ride as fast as the little devil on my shoulder really wants to, but I gotta say, a litre bike is a useful tool to 'move forward' thru traffic on the highway. So, no!
But we all make our own choices.
P.S. As for 'older', I'm now in my 70s...

·
Registered Luser
2,115 Posts
Lessee. *Generic username. First post in the most trafficked sub forum, bland, how do you feeel about xyz convo starter, no intro. *I’m gonna go with what’s a filthy bot for $400 alex?*

·
Registered
581 Posts
At 44 I'm still looking upwards and onwards and once I'm ringing the neck of my 600 I definitely see moving up again*

·
Fastronaut
6,508 Posts
I think small bikes are a ton of fun on twisty roads because you can take then to ten tenths with way less consequences than a GSXR 1000. Then if you compare it to the 20 year craigslist Kawi=Junk bike that CBR is probably just about as quick these days.

It would be hassle to cross the country on one with luggage but for fun I'd be pretty happy with a KTM RC390.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
125 cbr is going to be painful on highways. Fun around town and on secondary roads though.

The newer 300s are great bikes especially in twisties. It all depends on how hard they are ridden.They are limited by suspension and upgrading is expensive for a cheap bike.

·
Registered
581 Posts
While I very much enjoy and like my ninja(really my wife's but I've ridden it a bunch) and my r3. They aren't just limited by suspension and braking, the power is limiting. We are looking at 40+hp on the r3 and 100+hp on the cbr with not a lot of weight difference.*

Still the small bikes are inexpensive, economical to run and certainly quick enough to get around at a decent rate of speed. I know people race them on closed course and I'm sure it's a blast and really hones some skill on a nice tight course. But on the street even in town I greatly enjoy the power of the 600, you shift a lot on a small bike. *On a 300 a chipped diesel will shut the door on you or a turboed four cylinder 'sports car' if they feel like it. *

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
I've always been an advocate for smaller bikes but ......dammit......big power is intoxicating. One needs several bikes to really appreciate the sport.

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
I've always been an advocate for smaller bikes but ......dammit......big power is intoxicating. One needs several bikes to really appreciate the sport.
so true, but I can only afford one...
( i'd like to say 'a bit like wives' , but that's probably not 'correct' these days...)

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
yup! if you can't get a laugh out of life, you're living wrong...

(p.s. btw, I love my wife, and I'm a one woman man! )

1 - 20 of 39 Posts