806 Posts
that looks like my driveway during the summer minus the fireblade:laughing

·
[Oo=vw=oO]
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Human said:
Where was the first picture taken ?
Ooop, I guess I cropped that pic too much. That was at Britannia Beach last summer. I'm gonna try to carry my camera with me more often with out worrying about it this summer.

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
Nice looking bike. I think the Red/Black R6 and R1 is way better looking than the Blue/White.

Great shot of Britannia too.

·
Resident Banana
2,694 Posts
Very nice pic. I love the red R's too. Gotta love fresh air, open hiway and a decent place to take pics.

atom

·
[Oo=vw=oO]
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks everyone! The blue one is my bro's so I got the red one. I used a Fuju MX-2700 Dig cam.

·
Just Another Enthusiast
2,051 Posts
Yes, I prefer the red one for the simple fact that EVERYONE has a blue R1/6! I have no idea how many Yamaha makes of each, but it must be something like 20:1 because I only see blue.

·
moving pylon
1,428 Posts
vrecksler said:
Yes, I prefer the red one for the simple fact that EVERYONE has a blue R1/6! I have no idea how many Yamaha makes of each, but it must be something like 20:1 because I only see blue.
exactly.

·
[Oo=vw=oO]
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
What do you guys think of the new red scheme Yamaha has done for 02? I think the 01 is better with more red. They seem to be changing the red scheme all the time to boost sales and not touching the blue, cuz everyone buys the blue one :D

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
GTI said:
What do you guys think of the new red scheme Yamaha has done for 02? I think the 01 is better with more red. They seem to be changing the red scheme all the time to boost sales and not touching the blue, cuz everyone buys the blue one :D

Isn't that a 2001 in the pic? I like the 2000 & 2001 R's better than the '02, but I'm getting used to that "almost a fairing look"

C

·
0 Posts
GTI said:
What do you guys think of the new red scheme Yamaha has done for 02? I think the 01 is better with more red. They seem to be changing the red scheme all the time to boost sales and not .........
I would rather buy the RED R6/R1 rather than the Blue ones, which everyone and theyre dogs have, if only I had enough balls to ride it... :spinsmile

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
I actually totally agree, and foolishly still bought the blue one. I would have changed my mind when I picked up my bike but I had already bought my blue helmet... stupid me.

Oh well.. :imwithstu

·
[Oo=vw=oO]
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hu99 said:

Isn't that a 2001 in the pic? I like the 2000 & 2001 R's better than the '02, but I'm getting used to that "almost a fairing look"
It is the 2002 from the Yamaha site.
Someone told me that red=tickets though. The 2001 has a black front so from looking at it straight on the front, it'a all black. But I'm the one who still got a ticket while riding beside a blue R6 down at UBC.

V

·
0 Posts
I have a Red '01 and I think it is nicer than the '02 only because the bottom is red. If you put a red lower on the new one it would be just a little nicer. I think the red R6 would look dope with white rims and red fenders. Thats why I am in the process of doing both.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts