BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There's a T&T put on by the Westwood club coming up this Monday May 27th. Yes I know you would have to take a day off work but just ask Farhad how much fun HE had. Another guy that came out to just pass his buddy his helmet got dragooned into marshalling and he loved it.

The best seat in the house is to work a corner. Or you can just wander around the pits and soak up the ambiance. No pressure and lots of fun to see our bikes doing what they were actually meant for instead of being stuck in stupid rush hour traffic.... :rolleyes

And don't worry about not knowing anything about corner marshalling. If you would like to try it and have a really, really close to the action viewpoint and take on a touch of responsibility then they will teach you everything you need to know right there on the spot. If you want to try this wear something basically white for a shirt, bring warm stuff just in case and rain gear. Nothing that's yellow, red, blue or green or you'll be confused for a flag. Dark versions of these are OK though. And there's a free lunch for marshalls....... Not to mention undying gratitude from the organizers and the riders......:D

If you just want to find out what it's all about that's cool too. Come on out and talk to a few people. You won't be wasting a vacation day, trust me.

K

·
0 Posts
I'll be there. I missed the first TnT day. My plate number is 21.

Like BMatthews, its fun even to volunteer.:)

The WMRC is also holding another course for new racers later this year. The first one was pretty big. Visit the WMRC for more info.

·
Premium Member
11,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool. I'll be lookin' for ya. And I'm novice (red numbers) 111.

Gotta love getting that number. A piece of cake to make the numbers with a strip of tape....... :D

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
BMatthews said:
Cool. I'll be lookin' for ya. And I'm novice (red numbers) 111.

Gotta love getting that number. A piece of cake to make the numbers with a strip of tape....... :D

? red ? Bruce I thought red was for the school and black for the regulars....you're regular now dude :thumbup

K

·
0 Posts
I'm a novice too, my 21 will be red.;) maybe i can borrow some red tape from you!:)

·
Premium Member
11,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Human, it's red for any novice in school or until they move up to advanced by placing well in a number of races or just do so many races (without any incedents of course). Was the same way with sedans too.

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
oh ok....Bruce you racing on the Canada Day race or the 27 or the 28 ?

I am planning on going in for the race on the 28th

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
Bruce, you back ? give us a report, everything go ok ? ~ with you I mean....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts