BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, for you 'regular's', you have undoubtly noticed a few posts have gone missing, or someones complaining about censorship.

I have moderators on this site for a reason. Jim & I have worked very hard to provide a great niche that needed filling for the lowermainland, and we'd hate to see it go to rot. Our moderators work just as hard to make this a pleasent experience for everyone.

To answer someones question about 'why are you deleting threads'?
The only messages that are removed contain slander, or just are entirely out of place in this site.

Example of this:
Someone posted a message about a speeding ticket for sale in the Buy & Sell. Funny and all, but not entirely appropriate. If you saw this the first time you came to the site, do you think that represents it well? I don't, it's a nueisance post.

I say if you don't have anything construtive to say (other than the general forums), don't bother posting. But that's my own way and you can follow what you thinks best. This site is formed by the community. Our goal is to just make this a better place.

If you have any questions or need some answers about moderation, this is the thread to do it in.

B

·
0 Posts
I understand what you're trying to do here adam. I also understand where everyone else is coming from. sometimes it's a tricky thing to know when something is appropriate or not. I have to say though, the one thing that does bother me from time to time is the frequency in which moderators "move" threads. I understand when something is completely off topic, but when it's just a few degree's off topic, is it really necessary? are you just moving it because you can? just a pet peeve of mine.

I hope this place doesn't end up getting members that ruin a great place like what happened to gixxer.com. but when several hundred people get together on a semi-anonymous forum, there's bound to be a few retards. you know the type, the kind that took the short bus to school.

·
Wanderer of the Wastes
6,817 Posts
ok ok ok, so I was lost, believed a couple of my replies went missing, (wrongly so of course :D)
and was about to rage about it.
Then I found my stuff, untouched.
hehehe, oops. Spoke too soon I guess :)

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Every forum has moderation no matter where you are on the net, I have no problem at all with the issues here, I think the moderators do a good job, I am sure that they don't read every post and only moderate ones that are brought to there attention. So to those whinners and complainers, just take a valium and relax, there is no way to please everyone all the time so be happy with what we have and enjoy it. If you want to stir up the sh*t then go to another site that allows it.

A big :thumbup to all the volunteer moderators here. I know it is a thankless and tough job, as I have moderated forums myself in the past. Keep up the good work.

:rider

·
Veritas Aequitas
340 Posts
Digi168 said:
A big :thumbup to all the volunteer moderators here. I know it is a thankless and tough job, as I have moderated forums myself in the past. Keep up the good work.
WELL SAID ! :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts