BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
meet at the chruch at 12:45pm leave at 1

pace:everyone as long as you get there in the end

first ride up this year so i'll be taking it easy.
stop for coffee then home

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i'll buy your coffee...and R1 poser if he comes....
besides, on both your salary's you could afford to ride there twice!

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lets go, we could meet somewhere before since you're from cockquitlam too

R

·
0 Posts
might be late but i'm coming. bikes new, hope the pace isn't to fun... new engines and all

·
Aging Kid-at-Heart
515 Posts
Nothing else to do... was gonna head up to Squamish by myself anyway... so I guess I'll be there... might be a few minutes late.. gotta lube the chain... be there hopefully by 1

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
sorry , i was late so i didnt stop at church , but i saw u guys are still waiting @ 1:15 . i was waving as i went by the hwy

·
Black on black crime
873 Posts
That was a bad ride, we hit traffic and got stuck doing between 20-40 km/h. Also, I am still in Squamish, as the cord on my tire is showing, YAY.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
bad both ways....man did that 600rr sound awesome!

·
100%GOON
1,908 Posts
that'll learn ya....that road is beat at the moment

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
welll you shoulda warned me!

·
100%GOON
1,908 Posts
Sorry Mikey...I figured you guys would have known about the construction traffic...well on the up side it was sunny,warm and you's were NOT working...sometimes its about the view and relaxing.

And to FEAR...Marine dr. is very nice BUT be uber careful...westvan soccer mom's = trouble. (unless your banging them :devillook )

·
Doesn't register
968 Posts
Heh. I forgot that during the weekdays the construction zones are active. It's the same as ever really, except as mentioned in one other thread, there are no longer ANY legitimate areas to pass the snake of traffic between the Bay and the Beach. Linky

After I got familiar with the road, I slow my pace and open up road in front of me for all the 'fun parts' by riding at or just below the speed limit in the straights. Usually, by the time the next set of curves comes around, I've opened up a good 3 to 4 second gap that I can use to take the corner at speed and still get some kicks in. Straight line 'top guns' are best off riding up and down Delta Port or something...

I'm just innit for the peace of mind and cleaner air up there anyways.

Marine Drive is the same way. Go really slow where there's the driveways/blind intersections, and bring the speed up in the few sections where I know it's just the road and me.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts