BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Resident Banana
2,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Check this fool out. I don't know the whole story, but from whats here...its pretty sad. I think I have to buy this guy a coffee from McDonalds:rolleyes .

british columbia Saturday , Mar 09, 2002 print this page

Blood on the dance floor

VANCOUVER (CKNW) — An Australian tourist is suing a B.C. nightclub for a mishap he had while dancing a year ago. Andrew Zwar says he was on the dance floor at the Uplander Hotel in Rossland when he turned and collided with a pillar.
In a writ filed in B.C. Supreme Court in Vancouver, the ski instructor claims the hotel is negligent for creating a hazard and failing to warn patrons of the danger on the dance floor. He also says the dance area was slippery.

Zwar says the run-in with the pillar fractured his nose and left him with facial scars and an indentation on his nose. He claims his breathing has been negatively impacted, and he wants damages for pain and suffering and loss of past and future earnings.

atom

·
Devil's Advocate
1,765 Posts
"tonight, on primetime, learn about the dangers of nightclub dancing. Is YOUR teen at risk?"

Haha, you don't need a case that will win, just one that creates a media buzz. Way more cash in that ;P.

·
Resident Banana
2,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okay.....our local new rules:rolleyes ....

Mar 13, 2002

british columbia Wednesday, Mar 13, 2002 print this page

Man kicked by stripper paid for his pain

PORT MOODY (CKNW) — A Coquitlam man who was kicked in the head by a stripper he was watching at the Barnet Motor Inn has been paid for his pain.
Greg Bonnett sued the hotel, claiming he suffered temporary and permanent injuries when the exotic dancer booted him as she swung around a pole swung around on a pole and struck him in the face with her foot in November 2000.

He says he has since suffered a fractured nose, blurred vision, headaches, bruising and had difficulty breathing. Bonnet argues the motor inn failed to post warning signs about the dangerous seating area close to the stage.

Bonnet claimed the stripper, identified only as Jane Doe, was dancing in a negligent and reckless manner.

He and the hotel's insurance company have settled out of court, but have not released details of the settlement.

According to hotel owner Rod Keary, the settlement amount was too much.

·
I'm back
1,947 Posts
Wow sounds like a paycheck waiting to happen, guess I'm going to have to go hang out at the stripclubs in Gynorow a lot more often and pray for my payday.

·
Resident Banana
2,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quasi said:
Wow sounds like a paycheck waiting to happen, guess I'm going to have to go hang out at the stripclubs in Gynorow a lot more often and pray for my payday.
Face it, when your there, theres no better place:eek :D

·
moving pylon
1,428 Posts
hahahahh
i saw that stripper article in the sun today, it's hilarious.
I don't think i would've filed one of those suits in the first place cause that proves your one of those ppl that frequent those places.... HAHHAHAAHA.... what a moron.....

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
If I had the chance to lay a flimsy case on someone's ass and make some money, I'd be all over it. There's a lot of power in easy money.

·
Resident Banana
2,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think I may just go somewhere tonight and see if I can get kicked in the head;) :D .

·
Resident Banana
2,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hu99 said:

C'mon over.:D

:laughing :laughing Left myself wide open for that one:laughing :laughing

Lloyd 1
Jim 1
atom :eek

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Not all lawsuits work, mine is going on forever got hit by a drunk driver and ICBC tried to blame for minding my own business, when a drunk crosses over the center line and hits me head on.

Kiss my BMW 328i goodbye

·
Resident Banana
2,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Damn man, thats a nasty hit. Were you okay....that thing looks beat. If the other person was drinking, isn't it and open and shut case?

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
atomlowe said:
Damn man, thats a nasty hit. Were you okay....that thing looks beat. If the other person was drinking, isn't it and open and shut case?
yep that is what I though, but since the other driver "was unsure of what happened" they had to do a full investigation, give me a break, the cops where following him on the highway and were going to pull him over once he turned off, it was 10:30 in the morning, sunny and clear, he crosses 4 lanes to hit me, needless to say ICBC is taking their time.

·
resident monkey boy
806 Posts
shit like this makes me even more pissed at ICBC:2up

·
Resident Banana
2,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Digi168 said:

yep that is what I though, but since the other driver "was unsure of what happened" they had to do a full investigation, give me a break, the cops where following him on the highway and were going to pull him over once he turned off, it was 10:30 in the morning, sunny and clear, he crosses 4 lanes to hit me, needless to say ICBC is taking their time.
Now that just plain wrong. The other driver couldn't remember because he was gooned. Did the cops right him a ticket in any way, blood sample.

ICBC sucks in a big way. I wish you luck man.

atom

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
atomlowe said:

Now that just plain wrong. The other driver couldn't remember because he was gooned. Did the cops right him a ticket in any way, blood sample.

ICBC sucks in a big way. I wish you luck man.

atom
They arrested him on the spot and sent to VGH

·
Resident Banana
2,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Digi168 said:

They arrested him on the spot and sent to VGH
okay...now this really doesn't make sense. Someones got to go down there and smack somebody:confused .

I wish you luck man. ICBC messed up, always looking for a way to share blame and bleed both ends.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts