·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Speeding motorcycles seized along Sea to Sky highway

Vancouver, BC, Canada / (CKNW AM) AM980
CKNW News Staff
August 23, 2013 03:35 pm

Six motorcycles have been taken off the road for speeding along the Sea to Sky Highway.

The lead motorcycle was doing 162 kilometres an hour in an 80 zone, so police pulled them all over.

This happened around nine last night on Highway 99 near Porteau Cove.

They’ve also been each been fined 483 dollars.

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Speeding motorcycles seized along Sea to Sky highway

Vancouver, BC, Canada / (CKNW AM) AM980
CKNW News Staff
August 23, 2013 03:35 pm

Six motorcycles have been taken off the road for speeding along the Sea to Sky Highway.

The lead motorcycle was doing 162 kilometres an hour in an 80 zone, so police pulled them all over.

This happened around nine last night on Highway 99 near Porteau Cove.

They’ve also been each been fined 483 dollars.

this one always gets me, when they catch a line of cars speeding do they get the opportunity to pull them all over at once as well? did they even tag the rest of the group or just assumed they were all speeding together?

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
At this point i feel like the dudes deserved it. Speeding on S2S is just asking for a spanking........ and that road isnt that fun of a ride anyway. imo

·
corner worker
1,024 Posts
The most patrolled road in B.C...... Smart like hammer!

·
Power Ranger
37 Posts
At this point i feel like the dudes deserved it. Speeding on S2S is just asking for a spanking........ and that road isnt that fun of a ride anyway. imo
I'd Have to agree. I find myself too paranoid on S2S to truly enjoy it. South of the border or the track FTW. No speed traps in either venue! :D

·
Registered
835 Posts
Bizzare... out of towners? Not too smart. But deserve? Justifiable source of revenue? Constitutional? Doing harm to anyone but selves? Has a motorcyclist EVER killed or injured anyone other than self, passenger and/or another motorcyclist on S2S? Ever?

The maximum penalty because some think they're stupid?

Don't some sportbikes do 160+ in second gear and take only a second or two to get there from highway speed?

So, support the Impound, in this case?

·
lover of twins
6,069 Posts
“Getting pulled over may have been the best thing that ever happened to them.”

:laughing:laughing:laughing

·
Registered
785 Posts
So whats the total cost, the ticket, the tow, the impound, the cab ride home, the points premiums,

To me there is a simple solution to this, want to ride fast and be safe, ride at the track.

·
Wanderer of the Wastes
6,800 Posts
crime of the fucking century!
we can all sleep soundly now. The roads are safe, guys.

(For now...)

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
Not really defending or condoning this most recent impound on STS, or the actions of the 6 riders heading south last night. But this little number [ http://www.news1130.com/2013/08/23/speeding-bikers-hit-with-fines-lose-motorcycles-for-week/ ] emphasizes the sensationalism the police are resorting to these days, and, the way in which local media eats this stuff up like fine chocolate to a sweet tooth. The practice of riding close together is the main reason I choose to ride separate from the 'pack' if riding with friends. The fact that police motorcycles almost always ride in this close formation, and of course the inept pirates that putter about, the comment above by Corporal Robert MacDonald is most laughable and screams of pulling every millimeter of media coverage out of this incident.

Quite laughable, and very predictable.

1 - 20 of 85 Posts