BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
And shepherds we shall be
2,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I thought it was over. I thought I could just wait for the sunny day's to come and go ride.

But No! Took the bike out last week for the first time, looking forward to hitting up some startbucks with the girlfriend and her bike. I guess it just wasn't meant to be.

The clutch is slipping, bad. Real bad. They came and picked up the bike on saturday. The real funny thing is when they told us over the phone that a clutch for a 1000RR retails at $300. For one thing, we don't pay retail. Second, the audacity, the nerve to even bring it up after we got the bike back from them and everything we went through.

For those of you just tunning in, we got the bike back after a lenghty and painfull battle with Honda and Carter Motorsports.

Original thread here:

http://www.bcsportbikes.com/forum/showthread.php?t=59917

·
rain? whats that!
5,834 Posts
honda = junk ?

was the clutch slipping prior to this debacle?
how many kms on this bike?
what type of oil has ben used?

·
2,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
REVELATIONS said:
Was the clutch slipping prior to this debacle?
how many kms on this bike?
what type of oil has ben used?
No
~8000
Serviced at carter and Imperial, so no car oil in it, if thats what you are thinking about.

·
rain? whats that!
5,834 Posts
@ 8000kms it makes you think theyve either put something in wrong during assembly (if they did remove the parts), have hamfisted the bike or the bike is cursed.

Might be a moot point, but check the clutch adjustment (even though its probably hydraulic).

D

·
0 Posts
dumb question, but rather obvious one to ask: clutch cable adjusted wrong?

reason i say it's a dumb question: kinda like flicking the light switch on and off trying to get a light to work, without checking the fuse, or the light. you get the ideal :D

·
banned user
6,255 Posts
doug said:
dumb question, but rather obvious one to ask: clutch cable adjusted wrong?

reason i say it's a dumb question: kinda like flicking the light switch on and off trying to get a light to work, without checking the fuse, or the light. you get the ideal :D
talk about dumb, anyone have their power go out so they light candles then walk around with the candle to find the light switches and try to turn them on....admit it some of you have I know it....did I just say all this out loud....damn......:surrender

·
1,768 Posts
I saw in your original post: "Troy tells me that they found oil in the intake box"

I had a 1999 Yamaha Virago 1100 and I had the same problem. PacYam replaced the engine case on warranty and problem went away. Apparently it was a problem on a bunch of the last Viragos ever made....

I didn't read through your entire original post though, so I don't know everything that was fixed on your bike.

;D

·
Registered
11,614 Posts
I agree with Jim. Get rid of that machine ASAP. It really hates you.

·
Banned
1,946 Posts
Don't bother selling it on BCSB. You may find people will try to grind you on the price....

M

·
0 Posts
Man tell honda/carter you dont want the bike. Given all its problems its a lemon and should be subject to a buyback.

S

·
0 Posts
i think it's just the awesome power of YOUR 1KRR and your tire just constantly spins up.

·
2,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yeah, Fireblade are known to loose traction, all of the sudden, for no good reason. And then sending people carening down the road or into ditches...

1 - 20 of 76 Posts