BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
scooter said:
Looks like they have come up with a viable plan for the horrible grid lock at Moto Gp at Laguna Seca. Spectators will have to park there cars away from the track and be shuttled in and out. Motorcyles will be allowed to ride to and from the track.

http://motorcycledaily.com/20april06_lagunatraffic.htm
Ha ha. I remember riding right into the track passing all the cars. so fun.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Part of the problem last year was that SCRAMP and the Salinas Police department had a falling out. For a while their was no traffic control. I think the issue was the payment of the off duty cops.

·
Member #827
1,505 Posts
If you were on a bike it wasn't really a big deal. The only piss off were the cops trying to ticket riders for passing cars - but we ended up screwing the cops anyways. Regardless, this should help things move along more quickly. Can't wait!

·
Registered
8,725 Posts
That reminds me of the PGA tour in Surrey where all had to park at the Cloverdale fair grounds and be shuttled (in school busses) to the golf course.
Makes sense to me.

·
Still defying gravity...
2,853 Posts
Shovelhead said:
That reminds me of the PGA tour in Surrey where all had to park at the Cloverdale fair grounds and be shuttled (in school busses) to the golf course.
Makes sense to me.
For the 2000 US Open at Pebble Beach, there had a shuttle set up from the abandoned military base at Fort Ord (very close to Laguna) to the course - worked very, very well and smoothly - probably due to the frequent golf tourneys at Pebble. BTW, Fort Ord is absolutely huge and amazing - it is mostly a ghost town although Cal State uses a bit of the space - makes you wonder what the value of all those hundreds of unused acres on the Monteray Peninsula must be worth??

Kinda surprised they don't have a similar shuttle to the GP.

*** edit - just read the press release and they are using the same shuttle system from CSU MB (which is Fort Ord) - should work very well... they have had lots of practice! ***

·
Jackie Chan's stuntdouble
1,535 Posts
Thumper 8 said:
Fort Ord is absolutely huge and amazing - it is mostly a ghost town although Cal State uses a bit of the space - makes you wonder what the value of all those hundreds of unused acres on the Monteray Peninsula must be worth??
Less than you might think, due to the unexploded munitions scattered around the area.

·
Still defying gravity...
2,853 Posts
Motorcycle Man said:
Less than you might think, due to the unexploded munitions scattered around the area.

There are some condo buildings in Vancouver that should have been built over unexploded munitions :evilgrin

1 - 8 of 8 Posts