BC Sport Bikes Forum banner
1 - 20 of 147 Posts

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been talking to a couple of people about attending the Moto GP in Shanghai in 2007. The event is held in one of the most amazing cities in the world. I was in Shanghai in june of this year and I was blown away. This city is currently experiencing one of the worlds largest construction booms, second only to Dubai. It has the some of the world's tallest buidings and is full of great attractions. I sort of had reservations about travelling in China and probably would not have gone if I didn't know anybody there. I was amazed by how safe and free I felt. Our concept of communism does not exist in China. It is something totally different that you and I have to see to understand. In some ways, I felt more free there than I do here.

Anywho, I was thinking that it would be cool to take BCSB international. A trip to Shanghai for the 2007 MotoGP. The event is held in mid May and is a three day event. I know that a few of us would be making a vacation out of this and staying longer than just the three days, but I'm sure that we could accomidate people who just wanted to stay for the race.

At this point we're just trying to find out what people think and how many people would be interested. So, let me know because if we're going to do this, we should start planning it soon. If you have any questions, please post them or pm me.

Let's go ride on the other side of the world!!!:rockon

·
Oyi!
1,108 Posts
I hear Shanghaiese girls are dangerous and you could get ur passports taken away! Wasn't sure if you are aware of that too!

I'm so there! :rockon

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I hear Shanghaiese girls are dangerous and you could get ur passports taken away! Wasn't sure if you are aware of that too!

I'm so there! :rockon
I don't know Jayne. Are Shanghainese girls dangerous? You would probably be able to tell us. Maybe you could elaborate on what makes a Shanghainese woman so unique. I'm sure we're all very interested.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i think i will be there in May

how do I purchase MotoGP tickets though? i can't miss it if i am there!
News to come. If things get roling, we will just set up an acount. Keep an eye on this thread. We'll make it easy.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Doh!I booked my Asia trip in Dec/Jan... I amhoping to go to the Moto Gp in Laguna this june... That will have to do.
Um.........Yeah, sorry Lee that doesn't work with the whole Shanghai in May thing. So if you could just......... go ahead and change those plans of yours.........that would just be super. OK, thanks a bunch Lee.

·
Urban Squid
991 Posts
I'll probably be in Beijing and will swing down for the weekend. My b-day is May 14th so if it's the same date I expect a Ducati...

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I just got back from Shanghai last week. It is crazy to ride motorcycle there
Just sitting in a taxi scared the heck out of me.
I know, I'd been there for like half an hour and I insist to my friend that we get a new cab cuz the one we're in is on a f***in war path. He laughs and says OK. The next cab was just as crazy. So I just got used to it.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Come on people. It's the oportunity of a life time. And you get two birds stoned at once. Amazing city. Amazing race. What more could you ask for? Okay, okay. Jayne will do foot massages on the plane ride over.

·
DPT Downtown Poser Team
1,148 Posts
yup totally agrees.....taxi drives crazy.....5 cars in 4 lanes....passing from opposite lane all the time.....cops don't care.....traffic lights may only work on cars, not pedestrians....

yeah it's like that....so i don't think i will ride a bike there!!! not even driving dude

·
Woof?
1,011 Posts
Our concept of communism does not exist in China.
Yeah, its a new kinder gentler communism with: human rights abuses, tibet, continued attempts to stop democratic reform, censorship on a grand scale, its support for the homicidal Khmer Rouge in Cambodia. etc etc

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yeah, its a new kinder gentler communism with: human rights abuses, tibet, continued attempts to stop democratic reform, censorship on a grand scale, its support for the homicidal Khmer Rouge in Cambodia. etc etc
Yeah but the western world has it all figured out right pal. Look at a time line of human civilization, and tell me which one has been around the longest.

I'm not saying it's not corrupt over there, all I'm saying is that it's not what most people think it is. And it's a lot friendlier to travel in than most of us think.

But maybe while you're at it, you should enlighten us on how a country with 1 billion influencial minds should be run. And please, please start off by saying, "I think that democracy...........", cuz that would just make my day.

·
Woof?
1,011 Posts
Yeah but the western world has it all figured out right pal. Look at a time line of human civilization, and tell me which one has been around the longest.

I'm not saying it's not corrupt over there, all I'm saying is that it's not what most people think it is. And it's a lot friendlier to travel in than most of us think.

But maybe while you're at it, you should enlighten us on how a country with 1 billion influencial minds should be run. And please, please start off by saying, "I think that democracy...........", cuz that would just make my day.
You have been reading one to many Chinese Government issue travel guides my friend. But ok, I suppose in your defence ignorance is bliss, why else would you support blindly a country with a single-party state regime?

1 - 20 of 147 Posts