BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The Weekend to End Breast Cancer is a journey of 60 kilometers taken with one goal in mind; to bring us one step closer to the end of breast cancer. Thousands of men and women will take to the streets to celebrate victories won, honour lives lost and make their courageous contribution to record-breaking fundraising and consciousness-raising efforts.

Our event happens because of our volunteers and I wanted to bring one team to your attention. The Motor Safety Crew rides motorcycles along side our Walkers to ensure they traverse and cross busy streets and intersections safely. This is a wonderful opportunity for riding clubs, associations, teams and groups of all kind to join the growing community of the Weekend to End Breast Cancer and contribute your valuable skills and abilities to our success. Please pass on this information to others who are interested.

The third annual Weekend will take place here in Vancouver from August 18-20, 2006. Over the past two years, this event has raised over 12 million dollars for the British Columbia Cancer Foundation. Monies raised are invested into critical research and enhancing leading-edge breast cancer detection and treatment throughout the province. A new research program headed by world-renowned scientist Dr. Sam Aparicio and the purchase of a new digital mammography machine are some of the direct results of the Weekend to End Breast Cancer.

Call me at 604-684-9255 or email me at [email protected] for more information.

Sarah Coates.

·
Registered
969 Posts
I contacted Sarah and I'll definitely be there :D Sarah told me that the Moto Safety Crew - WEBC is usually a little harder to get volunteers for. I hope that anyone who is even remotely interested in this comes forward and joins me :D. Let me know if you are. I'd love some company out there.

Last year I pinkafied my motorcycle and went down to cheer on my aunt who was walking in it. It was a great atmosphere. Later on in the day, one of the guys on his equally pinkafied beast of a motorcycle (probably a goldwing) saw me walking with my gear and mentioned about this crew and said they are always looking for help. Anyway, I've been trying to track it down ever since.

I'm going to go just nuts with the pink this year, if I can. =)

- CJ

·
AKA Newfie Girl
2,321 Posts
My best friend just told me last week she has breast cancer at 31. I will be there in honour of her.

I've added the info to our forum as well.

·
West Koots, I'm here....
3,226 Posts
I'm all over this if I'm not working during the walk (don't know my work schedule for August yet - sucks!). I know several co-workers who do the event each year, and I'd really like to give my support.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Awsome. Hope to see you all there. We could hook up before to pinkafy our bikes, if anyone's interested. Lemmie know if your up for it :)

jetshoes said:
I'm in. I once rode my bike 12,000 km for this cause. What's a few more?
Wow, 12000km, ha? How'd that come about?

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Everyone!

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for the emails and phone calls- please feel free to continue passing the word around. To get registered, please email me at [email protected] or call 604-684-9255.

Sarah Coates.

Skiela said:
Awsome. Hope to see you all there. We could hook up before to pinkafy our bikes, if anyone's interested. Lemmie know if your up for it :)

Wow, 12000km, ha? How'd that come about?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts