BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Moto'ing
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I just got registered for Capilano and I will be moving to Van in August 2007.

I'm curious as to what tracks I can hit throughout the winter, and while I am living there. I just have a few questions

What associations do they belong too, and what liscences/track memberships do I need?

I know of Agassiz, Mission, and Twassen, and Princeton I believe it's called.

Mission is CMA right?

I am a CMRC member, so I dunno which ones I will be able to ride on.

Also, are there regular casual races, or is it all part of series?

Thanks

Kylie

·
Registered
107 Posts
Besides the obvious which you've already stated,there's a decent (but slightly rocky) free track up 256 in Maple ridge.It's good for small jump practice and high speed berms.Then there's a guy named Cliff/clay(I forget) who lives on 243 just off dewdney trunk, who has a full on jump park in his his yard.You could go down there and introduce yourself and he will most likely let you ride there for a small fee.He will even show you the speeds to take each jump at.This guys gets massive air on his quad.I think he holds a record.

·
Registered
8,785 Posts
Besides the obvious which you've already stated,there's a decent (but slightly rocky) free track up 256 in Maple ridge.It's good for small jump practice and high speed berms.Then there's a guy named Cliff/clay(I forget) who lives on 243 just off dewdney trunk, who has a full on jump park in his his yard.You could go down there and introduce yourself and he will most likely let you ride there for a small fee.He will even show you the speeds to take each jump at.This guys gets massive air on his quad.I think he holds a record.
Clay's insane. Did he get the record officially done? if so good for him.

·
Ya, whatever.
669 Posts
Besides the obvious which you've already stated,there's a decent (but slightly rocky) free track up 256 in Maple ridge.It's good for small jump practice and high speed berms.
Are you referring to McNutt? I have never heard of a track there but I have heard of some excellent single track technical trail riding. Have never been there myself.

Not much for winter motocross. Green river motocross track will be under snow currently. Agassiz has close until the spring, Don't know if mission has anything in the winter either. That leaves Tsawwassen which I no little of.

·
Registered
8,785 Posts
Are you referring to McNutt? I have never heard of a track there but I have heard of some excellent single track technical trail riding. Have never been there myself.

Not much for winter motocross. Green river motocross track will be under snow currently. Agassiz has close until the spring, Don't know if mission has anything in the winter either. That leaves Tsawwassen which I no little of.
Tsawwassen is now a land fill site.

Not much for Moto X in the winter , except Dec 9th the Ricky Carmicheal show last chance to get him to sign your ass.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Mc nutt is just the name of a road the you can drive up.Blue mountain is what the general area is called.The track is in gravel pit west of 256 st., near the old jail.And I'm not sure if Clay got the record.I was under the impression that he did.

·
Ya, whatever.
669 Posts
Mc nutt is just the name of a road the you can drive up.Blue mountain is what the general area is called.The track is in gravel pit west of 256 st., near the old jail.And I'm not sure if Clay got the record.I was under the impression that he did.
Isn't the pit at the end of the road one of the areas that riders are not to ride in given the current politics of riding on Blue Mountain AKA McNutt? If the land owner is fine with it then so be it but I heard different. They were busting people there in the spring. The public land to the north of 256 st has seen a lot of conflict amongst different user groups and the loud ones that burn hydrocarbons will lose out if too much abuse goes on like riding on private land in the gravel pit.

·
Moto'ing
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ugh....I have to join the CMA.

Alright then.

Since when has Twassen been shut down ?

And what of Princeton, I don't know much about that track either

·
Registered
107 Posts
This particular gravel pit is located just before the powerline on the west side of the road.I have never seen a sign, or been told anything by anybody that that area was off limits. Judging by the location and and abandoned structures surrounding the area, I lean towards thinking that it might be on the property of the old jail.The property north of 256, is probably part of Golden ears park and defiantely should not be ridden in.So untill there's a sign, or some sort of notification otherwise, myself and about 100 other riders per week will frequent that area.

·
Registered
123 Posts
This particular gravel pit is located just before the powerline on the west side of the road.I have never seen a sign, or been told anything by anybody that that area was off limits. Judging by the location and and abandoned structures surrounding the area, I lean towards thinking that it might be on the property of the old jail.The property north of 256, is probably part of Golden ears park and defiantely should not be ridden in.So untill there's a sign, or some sort of notification otherwise, myself and about 100 other riders per week will frequent that area.
The sign in question is on a power pole at the end of the concrete barrier next to the road (where everyone goes in). I have spoken to the owners and they are concerned about liability. I do still ride there, mainly because I like tracks better than the quite technical trails in that area. The biggest problem out there is the idiots that ride up and down the paved roads, doing wheelies! I keep saying legal tracks are the only way-look at California. tons of riding with no hassles. I still challenge the shops to do something!

·
Registered
107 Posts
That sign must be gone!There are a bunch of new ones that the BMMC has put up trying to keep people off the roads.I'm game for anything that helps keep one of the last lower mainland riding areas open.

·
Ya, whatever.
669 Posts
Here is some info on the Blue Mountain area which is suffering the microscope currently. I would love to hit the more technical trails and love tracks but would bet the track you speak of is one of the questionable areas although I have never been there.

Kylie, you speak of Princton. do you mean Pemberton? It is greem River Motocross track. It is the closest track to me and it is a good track. 20$ drop in if a non member. Here is their site link.
http://grrc.ca/

·
Moto'ing
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Maybe that's the one, my friend was telling me about it , I wasn't too sure what it was called.

North Van area right?

·
Moto'ing
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Oh ok I checked it out, yea that looks like it would be the most convenient and frequented one by me.

I'd like to get ahold of them about the volunteer thing once I am in Vancouver.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Maybe that's the one, my friend was telling me about it , I wasn't too sure what it was called.

North Van area right?
If you mean the Pemberton track, it is not in North Van. It's about 2.25 hrs. north of N.Van. It is a good track though that is open regularly (a rarity here). See you there!

·
Moto'ing
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
That far?

Holy christ....that's like driving to Kelowna from Kamloops to go riding.

Sheeesh

·
Registered
123 Posts
That far?

Holy christ....that's like driving to Kelowna from Kamloops to go riding.

Sheeesh
Ahh yes, welcomn to dirtbiking in Vancouver. It was (still is) a shock to me because I use to live in the Kootenays and road from my door or at most a 20min. drive. Too many people in one area will do it every time. There is track riding in the valley though-it's just not open as consistently. Mission and Agazzi (bad spelling of it I know) are open for pactice and racing too.

·
Registered
8,785 Posts
I go to Kamloops and never want to leave, riding in every direction 10 minutes or less.

This is why owning a motard in Vancouver makes sense.

·
Moto'ing
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Damn....well you guys wanna hook up and go riding then? I'll be going once a week to the track, most likely Pemberton cuz it's closest.

Where do you go most Bill?

ps - are you gonna be at the Abbotsford Expo again? Paul got a 5th gear hoody last time and I've been jealous about it all year

1 - 20 of 36 Posts