BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all good morning and safe riding !
I live in texas where it's hot and we don't have much of a winter. I have a vulcan 900 and my gf has a shadow 750, we went to cycle gear this weekend to buy oil filters and oil. I decided to stay outside because there was an event going on, my gf got the correct oil filters (k&n) however she got 5w 20 oil because the guy recommend it. Both our bikes user guides (manuals) recommend 10w 40 .... I didn't want to argue with my gf so I decided to trust cycle gear and their associates and we did the oil change.... The bikes are running fine and they feel fine I asked my gf the same and she said everything seemed fine ... I believed her after I drove her shadow 750 for about 30 min... Lol ..... My question here is should I be concerned ??? Has anyone switched viscosity before ?? If your reading this I would like some feedback ... Thanks !!

·
Registered
6,249 Posts
I know this is a fake BOT of some kind, but anyways. Cycle Gear does not sell a 5w-20 oil. Get your facts right before asking for a real response.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know this is a fake BOT of some kind, but anyways. Cycle Gear does not sell a 5w-20 oil. Get your facts right before asking for a real response.
I'm registered I'm not a bot.. I came to this community because it seemed helpful but your rude af dude. YA IT WAS 20w 50 ... 🖕🇨🇦

·
Been there, Wrecked that!
2,218 Posts
Yet you registered for a "sportbike" website, in Canada no less and you're riding cruisers... 🖕🇱🇷

I'm registered I'm not a bot.. I came to this community because it seemed helpful but your rude af dude. YA IT WAS 20w 50 ... 🖕🇨🇦

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a sport bike as well .. which you wouldn't know ..... 🤣 You all are f***n haters 😂😂

🖕🇨🇦🖕
😂🤣😂

·
Registered
6,249 Posts

Yes, Cycle Gear sells some 20W-50 engine oil. More 15W-50, which is a synthetic formulation, giving it better cold temperature flow capability.
I recommend a thicker engine oil than 10W-40 in Texas.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts