BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I rode for about half a year last year on a yamaha maxim 400 and I'm looking to move on to sport bikes. I didn't take a motorcycle course...so do you guys think I should take a motorcycle course now? I mean, I know how to ride..and I do so pretty safely. I don't push myself to go super fast, especially if I don't think I can handle it. My only concern is that sportbikes are different than cruisers and although the mechanisms are similar, the handling of the bike will be much different.

thoughts anyone?

·
Registered
212 Posts
The course is only a few dollars if you look at "the big picture", I would say do the course or better yet if you think it will be to easy take the advanced racing course. You can learn to push your limit in a safe environment without the guilt of wasting your time and money. Whatever best work for you...your call

·
West Koots, I'm here....
3,226 Posts
I would suggest taking the Advanced Rider Training (or ART) course from Westcoast Superbike School. The theory and practical aspects of the course will improve your technique and allow you to safely learn to push you limits a bit. I took the course after many years of riding, and learned a lot about my comfort zone and the correct way to handle a sport bike, especially the emergency braking. Money well spent.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts