BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
geez, i'm heading that way tomorrow, maybe i'll take it easy around those turns....

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
That sucks, but a common thread seems to be crash=gixxer, at least he is ok, the bike can always be replaced.

·
Super Moderator
5,114 Posts
makes my crash seem like a simple driveway tip-over compared to that, ouccchhh :(

·
Resident Banana
2,694 Posts
Good to hear the guys okay. It must have been one hell of an impact to destroy the bike like that.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Digi168 said:
That sucks, but a common thread seems to be crash=gixxer, at least he is ok, the bike can always be replaced.
actually, it was a honda, wasn't it?

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
bender said:

actually, it was a honda, wasn't it?
it was posted on gixxer.com but doesn't really say or at least I didn't notice.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hard to believe that his bike disintegrated yet he's ok...one helluva lucky guy:D :D

·
Wear proper gear pls ;)
1,822 Posts
That bites.

Two accidents, one long weekend, two riders walking away because they were dressed properly. Everyone in their t-shirts and shorts paying attention here? :(

·
Premium Member
3,762 Posts
Re: That bites.

R1 GIRL said:
Two accidents, one long weekend, two riders walking away because they were dressed properly. Everyone in their t-shirts and shorts paying attention here? :(
i haven't seen anyone riding in shorts yet.. :)
only in videos..

·
Wear proper gear pls ;)
1,822 Posts
Oh yeah, I've seen people riding in t-shirts already this year already, not to mention all those posers out there riding in their atheltic pants, you know the ones, tear aways.

My comment however, goes out to everyone, all year round. Always dress safe, no matter how short or how long your trip may be. Those who think they won't go down, of course will.

Harley guys who wear their little beenie helmets, y'know what I say to them? Do you think that little old granny who's driving her stationwagon out on a sunny day who decides to switch lanes on the freeway looks out her window, sees the Harley and says, "Oh thats a Harley, I won't turn in front of that bike." Nope. Doesn't matter what kind of ride you have, the crazies out there don't descriminate against which bike they're gonna roll over.

·
Wear proper gear pls ;)
1,822 Posts
It is the ABSOLUTE best road to ride that I've found anywhere near here. You just have to be careful and know your limits. Don't go fast around a blind corner, make sure you can see what is ahead of you and be aware of what is behind you. A car can swerve into your lane in a second, you have to be prepared for anything.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Of the "afternoon" rides I've listed on my website, Baker and the Sea2Sky are my two favorites. The rest are just something to do if it's not a "real" ride. Baker is probably a better biking road but the Sea2Sky more convenient.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts