BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
977 Posts
Oh really now? well I guess I have no choice but to pass tomorrow.
I took it a couple of days ago. Read most of the book and passed easily in 13 minutes. My wife passed at the same time and it took her under 1/2 hour, she took her time and I kinda scanned over everything.
You can skip the questions and they come up again at the end. I skipped a couple and they never came up because I passed before cycling through the whole thing. 40 questions, with 32 needed to pass. If you answer 32 right, the rest won't even come up. It's pretty easy but I did get two wrong. One was in fact a light question, flashing amber. I always thought it was "slow down and proceed with caution" which was one of the answers but it's in fact "proceed if the intersection is clear". Well, kinda stupid, who the hell goes if the intersection is busy? LOL Anyway, second one I missed was about crowned curves and what's the danger about them. I answered "not being able to lean enough" or something like that and the right answer was that bike can wander off it's path. That one was trickier as the book mentions both things.

Most of it is common sense. Good luck!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Motorcycle Knowledge test - 8.1 minutes 84%
Car Knowledge test - 8.7 minutes 94%

Well for people that are getting their license, read the book twice and once thoroughly if that made any sense. There were 3 tricky questions involving riding over an object, turbulence and blind spot. Thanks guys!

·
Posing Poser/Poser Posing
74 Posts
Motorcycle Knowledge test - 8.1 minutes 84%
Car Knowledge test - 8.7 minutes 94%

Well for people that are getting their license, read the book twice and once thoroughly if that made any sense. There were 3 tricky questions involving riding over an object, turbulence and blind spot. Thanks guys!
Yup just read the book twice, and skip questions if you have ANY doubt, I must have skipped like 5 questions and ended up with 97 percent. Some of the questions are worded very badly I must say, with more than one answer which could technically be right.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Two weeks back: On Monday, saw people using scooters for commute. Same day at office checked few ads for scooter sale on craigslist. Honda rukus scooter looked to be ok. Checked the price on CL and then went to Honda, suzuki, kawasaki sites to check their offering of Scooters...found that for around ~2-2.5k I can get a scooter. Economical, only drawback being can't drive it on highway, would be tough driving it even on Canada Way as these scooters aren't powerful enough. TUESDAY: Was checking rukus on Honda site and then noticed that the price difference between rukus and cbr125 bike is not much, researched a bit on cbr125. WEDNESDAY: Read more about cbr125 and found its small and good for small street and city roads and occasionally can be driven on highways ( will have to use full throttle and don't expect any thrills from ride). Checked with a biker friend and he gave positive feedback about it. Asked him what would i need to buy it? A driving license or learners permit so that you can ride it home from dealers lot. In evening went to the ICBC, grabbed the roadsense book from there. THURSDAY at lunch time went to the ICBC for knowledge test. Asked them to give me 5mins so that I can skim through the book as I had finished only half of it at night. Quickly skimmed through the books (looked for Tip sections, any numbers etc....was looking for info about alcohol level etc...didn't find it....seems it has to be 0%). 5 mins later gave the test, had 2-3 questions wrong, but passed the test.
Like posters above me said, some of the questions doesn't have obvious answer or i should say clear answer. Out of four choices two would seem to be answer and often if you apply commonSense and not roadSense then you will pick the wrong answer. If you get a wrong answer then its perfectly ok to show your frustration by punchin computer screen or gruntin etc.
FRIDAY (busy at work, biker friend was also busy so couldn't buy it). MONDAY: went to buy the bike but dealer was closed. TUESDAY: bought it. + 1 Wk later Failed the Skills test. Didn't practiced as ICBC require you to ride with Supervisor and I don't have any one to ride with me. Also no empty parking lots near my place where no one will boot u for practicing.

Now the strategy for next (coming Tues.) Skills test is to watch motorcycle tests videos on Youtube on Monday night. Tuesday go to ICBC and wait in parking lot/testing area and if no test official there then practice the u-turn, slow ride, slalom 2-3 times and then register for test. Right after registering go quickly to test area and practice a bit more till the test official shows up.
Choose

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Hmm your storyis confusing, the only thing I understood was that you had a hard time buying your scooter and you are getting your skills test next week?

·
This space for rent
2,099 Posts
Now the strategy for next (coming Tues.) Skills test is to watch motorcycle tests videos on Youtube on Monday night.
Yeah, there's no better preparation for learning to ride than watching it on TV. Definitely better than taking lessons, practicing with an supervisor, or reading the book. :rtfm

·
Just passing time...
290 Posts
bcsbreader....Nothing can prepare you better for the mst than going through a riding school. Most schools offer the mst in their course. So once you pass the course and mst, you will get your restrictions lifted, and then be able to ride on your own. Going through the course will not only help you pass the mst, but it will teach you so many things to keep you alive on 2 wheels.

Also another note, and correct me if i'm wrong anyone, but you will need a bike of at least 250cc's for your road test. Good Luck :)

·
Registered
56 Posts
Also another note, and correct me if i'm wrong anyone, but you will need a bike of at least 250cc's for your road test. Good Luck :)
From ICBC website :)

Q. Are there any restrictions that may be placed on
a Class 6 or 8 licence?

Your licence may be restricted depending on the
type or size of motorcycle used for your road test:
• If you take your road test on a motorcycle
200 cc or less, you will be issued a licence
restricting you from carrying passengers.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just did it recently, some questions that came up were the following.

Picture shows Passenger on bike is holding shoulders, need to answer what he's doing wrong?

Passenger is sitting back not forward whats wrong ?

Bike is about to go through a curve and traffic is coming thru oncoming need to state whats dangerous to the bike?

4 Bikes In a picture, wind gust is present which of the 4 bikes are in good position? Answer: The one in the center and to the right.

Obstacle in front of your bike what should you do?

How to strike object? At 90 degrees.

Few signs and cross walk with lights question.

Why not to ride close to a truck?

Picture shows bike and need to answer which car is in its blind spot?

One or two about countersteering and counterbalance.

I wish i could remember all of them.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts