BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

221 - 224 of 224 Posts

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Well .....it won't beat instant on. I was out by Aspen Grove on which I've never seen the fuzz. Coming out of a fairly tight corner, cop suv blasted me with instant on. I was going a good clip and he looked at me hard. He wasn't interested enough thankfully. I was in a cage. Much the same scenerio last fall on the bike.

It has not saved me yet. I like the false sense of security it supplies though.

I think they are doing their spring time blitz. Someone said there were 11 cruisers between the Okanagan and Grand Prairie recently.

I haven't insured the big power yet. Might wait for june seeing I'm limited to day rides. Ffnn covid.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Interesting to me it hasn't saved you yet. I've lost track of the amount of times it's saved me both in cars and on the bike. I wonder if it's different enforcement area practices or what? But I come across lots of cruisers just running their radar on steady it seems. For me I don't find it gives a false sense of security, it seems just the opposite. It always keeps my head coming around to being focused on my speed a bit which overall I find tends to help keep me in check.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
I look at it much the same. Makes me more aware of speed. I would never rely on it but its another tool.

I found an old Whistler when I was going through my junk. I'll see how it compares for range.

2 cons on the R1. Windshield mount does not have enough adjustment on sloped windows. No visor mount.

·
Registered
563 Posts
2 cons on the R1. Windshield mount does not have enough adjustment on sloped windows. No visor mount.
Same two gripes I've found for car use too.

If your old whistler is anything like my old bel, it'll be night and day difference old vs new. There is a ton of info on rdforum or something like that it's called concerning independent range testing of all radar detectors. Short of a malfunctioning unit the uniden r1/3 is highly regarded/proven for range, which reflects my personal experience with it as well.

221 - 224 of 224 Posts