BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Rhinotillexomania
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
LIVINGSTON, La. (AP) — A motorcyclist has been given a couple of days to think about the record he set — at least in the minds of state troopers.

Brian Samuel Willis, 20, was clocked zooming down Interstate 12 on Sunday at 155 miles per hour — more than two times the speed limit 70, state police said.

"That may be the fastest of all-time in the state," said Trooper Ryan Riley of Troop A. "I can't confirm it, but I don't think anyone has ever gotten anybody at 155. The fastest I know of is like 144."

Riley said he was traveling westbound about 6 p.m. when he got the motorcycle in his radar. Maneuvering his vehicle to the other side of the interstate, Riley tried to follow Willis, but the black Yamaha R6 ducked off the roadway onto state highway 441 and traveled south to state highway 42, Riley said.

At that point, Livingston Parish sheriff's deputies and Springfield police chased Willis back toward Riley, who made the arrest, he said.

"He pulled over once he saw all of us, without incident," Riley said. "He just said he didn't think he was going that fast and he didn't know we were behind him. He thought he was only doing 120 or 130."

Willis motorcycle was impounded and he was booked for reckless operation of a vehicle, flight from an officer and speeding, Riley said.

"The judge refused to set the bond until Tuesday," Riley said. "I think she is going to let him spend a few days in jail."

Bad publicity but at least no one it didn't end in death.

·
Fuelled by rice
4,463 Posts
that hAS got to suck. Did he try to say that he couldn't hear the sirens due to the wind noise?

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
I like that.. "He thought he was only doing 120 or 130". haha

Sorry officer, I didnt realize I was doing 260km/h, I could of sworn I was only doing 240.. honest. :laughing

Ryan

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
i got nailed outa castlegar on radar doing 255 km per hour...the cop freaked out but we chatted it up for a bit and I settled him down. That was pretty funny.

·
Been there, Wrecked that!
2,213 Posts
Where? Between Nelson & Castelgar, the connector to Salmo, or inbetween there and Trail?

I somehow highly doubt he actually clocked you @ 255 since that would be immediate license suspension and your bike being impounded. Or was it a visual clocking and you saw 255?

·
Fast Pack Slow Guy
4,722 Posts
My penis was just clocked getting an erection at 255KPH while I was enjoying your new avatar, CrashTested.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
CrashTested said:
Where? Between Nelson & Castelgar, the connector to Salmo, or inbetween there and Trail?

I somehow highly doubt he actually clocked you @ 255 since that would be immediate license suspension and your bike being impounded. Or was it a visual clocking and you saw 255?

Not the case I had one of my clients who runs a Porsche repair facility who got fined $800 when they nailed him on the way to Whistler at 200 MPH they set up a roadblock and a spike belt to stop him. But no suspension. Go figure

·
Rhinotillexomania
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
BooBoo11 said:
Not the case I had one of my clients who runs a Porsche repair facility who got fined $800 when they nailed him on the way to Whistler at 200 MPH they set up a roadblock and a spike belt to stop him. But no suspension. Go figure
Damn, is there a clean enough section of the S2S that you could do 200 mph? 200 km/h yes but 200 mph I don't know.

·
2,213 Posts
Coming down the hill on the south side of Squamish you can... :rolleyes not that I'd know :rockon

·
2,213 Posts
NWS?

It's not that bad is it? :surrender

·
Registered
6,127 Posts
Im waiting for someone to post................................................

·
2,213 Posts
Set it to not display avatars :p though that carries over to home... Myself I can't tell who's who sometimes without the avatars. Visual learner!

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Tattoodles said:
My penis was just clocked getting an erection at 255KPH while I was enjoying your new avatar, CrashTested.
:roflmao
... I'll trust ya!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Interesting that it's an event of this magnitude to law enforcement. Yes, it's terribly excessive and worthy of punishment (and no, I have never done it personally). However, I also know many, many people that have done that and much more, meaning it's not uncommon. I will guess wildly and say that speeds like that are reached in every province/state every dry day. Some of those people have to be getting caught. Or maybe the overriding mentality at those speeds is to just keep going?

·
The Wizard
2,743 Posts
Schweiz said:
Interesting that it's an event of this magnitude to law enforcement. Yes, it's terribly excessive and worthy of punishment (and no, I have never done it personally). However, I also know many, many people that have done that and much more, meaning it's not uncommon. I will guess wildly and say that speeds like that are reached in every province/state every dry day. Some of those people have to be getting caught. Or maybe the overriding mentality at those speeds is to just keep going?
Go back and read the first post.

155 MILES PER HOUR not 155 KILOMETERS PER HOUR.

Big difference. 155 is about 250km/h

Somehow I don't think that it is common to bury the needle on the old family suburban on your way to the ice rink.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts