BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Never saw anything like it. Bikes flying out of showrooms. Popular models sold out. Dealers getting full retail plus 1K to 1.5K for the "extras".
Used bikes are going for 2 or 3 grand more than bluebook retail. Great time to sell a bike but not to buy.

·
backslider
11,298 Posts
Perhaps it is because it appears that gas prices will fairly soon go north of two bucks/liter ...?

·
BCSB Public Relations
10,316 Posts
It's the same for everything.

Want a bicycle? Best get on the waiting list for next year's delivery.
Kayak? Forget about it.
Want any "normal" vehicle? Expect to pay minimum MSRP.
High end vehicles? All sold out, have to be ordered - if you're lucky enough to get an allocation.
Buy an RV or trailer? Expect to pay insane prices. I just sold the trailer I bought last September for 146% of what I paid at the dealer.
Order an RV or trailer from the manufacturer? They're shipping with missing water tanks, missing blinds, etc., because the manufacturers cannot find parts.
Want something that has high demand normally, or is in any way special? Open up your wallet and your asshole, both are about to get torn up.
Want a couch? News says there's a new 300% tariff on furniture out of China, so many couches have gone from $600 to well over $2k.
Used vehicles market? Through the damn roof. The vehicle I bought 2.5 years ago is now worth more than I paid for it, with twice the mileage.
Real estate? The house I bought 2.5 years ago can now go for 200-225% in a heartbeat.
Plywood has doubled in price, 2x4s tripled. I've heard that some some random stuff like MDF had gone up tenfold.
Our grocery bill has seemingly slowly doubled over the last ~12 months, with no changes from our side.

But the news says everything is rosy and there's no serious inflation to speak of, so I guess we should be all be thrilled.

·
backslider
11,298 Posts
Well, after 12 years (since 2008) of the Federal Reserve's "helicopter money" (and printing new money like there's no tomorrow) as an only method of plugging all the leaks in the good ship USA-Titanic ... what'd ya expect ...

·
Registered
688 Posts
I was shocked the other day when I stopped in a local bike dealer to order some parts. Damn near empty. I just sold a pickup I bought six years ago for more than I paid for it. My real estate values are jacked right up. And I just bought a couch last week before the prices skyrocket. I am employed in the production end of plywood. So no complaints here. Check that, I do gripe about how expensive food is, I have a teenager at home.

·
backslider
11,298 Posts
Remember that thing called "Quantitative easing" ...

well, now you are seeing the inflationary after-effects of all that money 'creation/stimulation' effort.

·
Registered
6,343 Posts
Supply and demand.
Lumber futures are already down 40%. It got too expensive, people stopped their projects. Human nature is predictable.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts