BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to ship my old bike to my brother in Toronto from either Victoria or Vancouver. Has anyone had any experience with shipping companies that they can share?

Thanks for the input!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
438 Posts
I have used a couple in the past. VanKam and a couple other companies are located by the Budget rental company by Home Depot in Burnaby (Dawson). I got a crtae from a local shop and loaded the bike in it. Was only a few hundred to the Toronto area.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
alp said:
I have used a couple in the past. VanKam and a couple other companies are located by the Budget rental company by Home Depot in Burnaby (Dawson). I got a crtae from a local shop and loaded the bike in it. Was only a few hundred to the Toronto area.

If you can think of some names, I would appreciate it. Every quote I am getting is in the $1000-$1200 range. I can't believe its that high. Where did you grab the crate from, a motorcycle dealer?

Thanks again.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
5,114 Posts
I had my race bike shipped from toronto to vancover for only $330, I forgot the name of the company now, United something? hmmm
 

·
Chronic
Joined
·
4,472 Posts
You can at least get the metal bottom of a crate from any shop, they throw them out all the time. I'm sure the whole crate could be had for a case of beer!
J & R Hall run from here to Ontario. They have an office in Delta last time I used them. They were awesome, reasonable, and I'm sure a lot cheaper than the quotes you have.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
PRSmechanic said:
You can at least get the metal bottom of a crate from any shop, they throw them out all the time. I'm sure the whole crate could be had for a case of beer!
J & R Hall run from here to Ontario. They have an office in Delta last time I used them. They were awesome, reasonable, and I'm sure a lot cheaper than the quotes you have.

Thanks everyone for your assistance. Hard not to appreciate those who help you save $$ :)
 
S

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
I don't want to just blab here. I don't know the rates, but my company ships shit to Montreal all the time using Trans-X. Check how they are? Just a name...
 

·
Newbie!!!
Joined
·
79 Posts
Hey, Call the guys at Burnaby Kawasaki they gave me the name of a company that helped me ship my bike back from Quebec City !!! Awsome service, and timely delivery....


P.S- I don't work for the company i was just really pleased with the results
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
StagnantWaterPo said:
I don't want to just blab here. I don't know the rates, but my company ships shit to Montreal all the time using Trans-X. Check how they are? Just a name...

Checked out Trans-X, but unfortunately they only ship New motorcycles for businesses, not personal. Thanks though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
133 Posts
Misguided said:
Checked out Trans-X, but unfortunately they only ship New motorcycles for businesses, not personal. Thanks though.
Try Canadian freightways, Most companies want the unit crated, to be sure of any damage issues etc. And that is correct about dealers and crate we do have to pay for removal so you should be able to get for a 6 pack. I just gave a crate to a customer the other day. MAN DID THAT CORONA GO DOWN SMOOTH!!!!:rockon
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
TFT said:
Try Canadian freightways, Most companies want the unit crated, to be sure of any damage issues etc. And that is correct about dealers and crate we do have to pay for removal so you should be able to get for a 6 pack. I just gave a crate to a customer the other day. MAN DID THAT CORONA GO DOWN SMOOTH!!!!:rockon

Canadian Freightways - Does not insure, but has great prices. 5 business day shipping. Victoria -> Toronto for $550 taxes in.

South Coast Moving - Door to door delivery $500 + tax.

Thanks for everyones help with finding movers!
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top