BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Just Another Enthusiast
2,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After spending the day hitting most of the dealers in the Lower Mainland, I got to thinking that we should compile a list of dealerships we have contacts to. Legitimate people who can be trusted to be straight up if we mention so and so told us to talk to you--not to use that as a tool in making a sale. I am not necessarily talking about someone who has to give a deal, I just want to know I can beleive what I am being told.

I know we have Bugs at Carter, at least we will in a few weeks, but who else? I have a friend who was looking at an F4 at Holeshot, but the bike has been dropped and they want $9k + taxes? That is more than I paid for my bike, and it is a better bike and had much less kms.

So if you know someone, post up and we all benefit. :)

B

·
0 Posts
if you are talking service/tech stuff, the guys at BK are always honest and helpful. there r only 2 of them, Ron and Manny, and they are both great. Will never try to sell you something you don't need.
for sales, just head upstairs to talk to Trevor or Brian, again they are the only 2 sales people and both are great. I think they might have just hired a new sales person for the summer but i'm not sure. I've always gotten honest answers and have they have always been fair to me. Their service/sales combo have me going exclusively to them for everything.
For example, i went in looking for old fairings for stunts and track days and Manny took me upstairs to their storage area to look. We found 3 pieces and he told me to just take them, and he'll work out a price with Trevor later. I go in a week later and ask to pay for the parts as i'm picking up another fairing, and he says, "i haven't worked out a price yet, but don't worry about it, you're good for it." All the while knowing that i'm taking his fairings to California for 3 weeks!
Trevor has matched or beaten competitors' prices for me, even recommended other shops' items to me if that was what he thought was best.

Just mention this site. They know alll about how much love they get from us here.

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
BK definitely....I do and get everything from them, even for a oil drain bolt washer I will drive out to burnaby from Langley and get the washer from them.....and they will always talk to you, no matter what question they ask and no matter if there are 15 people waiting.....they will help you anyway they can.....

I don't plan on buying my next bike, the ZXRR, from anywhere but from Trevor at BK and don't plan on getting anything done untill it goes thru. Manny and Ron downstairs....

Bluestone said:
if you are talking service/tech stuff, the guys at BK are always honest and helpful. there r only 2 of them, Ron and Manny, and they are both great. Will never try to sell you something you don't need.
for sales, just head upstairs to talk to Trevor or Brian, again they are the only 2 sales people and both are great. I think they might have just hired a new sales person for the summer but i'm not sure. I've always gotten honest answers and have they have always been fair to me. Their service/sales combo have me going exclusively to them for everything.
For example, i went in looking for old fairings for stunts and track days and Manny took me upstairs to their storage area to look. We found 3 pieces and he told me to just take them, and he'll work out a price with Trevor later. I go in a week later and ask to pay for the parts as i'm picking up another fairing, and he says, "i haven't worked out a price yet, but don't worry about it, you're good for it." All the while knowing that i'm taking his fairings to California for 3 weeks!
Trevor has matched or beaten competitors' prices for me, even recommended other shops' items to me if that was what he thought was best.

Just mention this site. They know alll about how much love they get from us here.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I like to deal with the guys at Imperial Motorcycles. Ted and Gord are really good, knowledgable, and honest guys to deal with.

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
Human said:
my next bike, the ZXRR
Is that the bike in your avatar? What displacement will it be, and do you know if they're going to sell a road going version at all?

·
Registered
842 Posts
AlphaRed said:
I like to deal with the guys at Imperial Motorcycles. Ted and Gord are really good, knowledgable, and honest guys to deal with.
I'll second that. When you see 996's in their service area, you know they're good. Serious Ducati owners will not take their bikes to idiots. The guys at Imperial have loads of experience, including one of them working with John Britten.

If you're in the White Rock area, 5th gear is a good place. He's the kind of guy who will charge you for a simple job like a chain installation...maybe enough for lunch money. He's a helluva dirt rider too. He's also got an FZ750 that's being street fightered. His name is Bill.

Thom Tyre at Pacific Yamaha is good.

I've just started dealing with Valley Yamaha/Guzzi. Will let you know how that goes.

Holeshot's prices seem to be steep. They do have one mechanic who is an expert on suspension though. His name escapes me now.

If you're around Bellingham Wa. make a stop at Steve Baker's Suzuki/Kawasaki. For those who don't know. Steve was the first North American to win a GP World Championship. Quiet unassuming guy who could still blow the doors off anything on or off the road. I saw him on a dirt bike once...........f***ing incredible. He also took his Porsche around the dirt flat track in Bellingham.

Brian Billings Racing Products in Bellingham is a good place to go for suspension work also. He does suspension work for the mx'rs and flat trackers. He'll also rebuild your street bike shock and do front end work.

It's been my experience that you generally get better service if you go out of the city. The country dealers know that one unhappy customer can get the news out quickly to a small area and then they're screwed. Having said that though, BK seems to be good, especially Manny.

·
Premium Member
7,666 Posts
I've gotta agree with Bluestone and Human....Trevor and Brian for sales, and Ron and Manny for service. No doubt. They're very helpful, knowledgable, and really try to get to know most of their clientel on first name basis. They have another couple of sales guys (one named Jason, can't remember the other guy's name...tall, bald, rides a 12R) and there are a few mechanics.

The only other place I enjoy going to for accessories is Carter Honda. I think the lady that usually helps me is named Laurie. She's super nice, and has a lot of product knowledge.

·
Just Another Enthusiast
2,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bk seemed OK, but for used bikes they are limited. Here are a couple experiences I had yesterday.

When I went to the Yamaha dealer that is right by RMS, the salesman there was trying to sell my buddy a 97 YZF1000 for his first bike. I mean my friend has NEVER ridden a bike, and this guy is saying 'No problem, and if you want a new bike, here is a brochure on the R1.' Kind of made me sick. I know of people who have been never evers and started on big bikes, one on a Blackbird, but for most people a liter bike is way too much.

At Carter, Simon Bird (I have bought my last 2 bikes through him) was honest as we went through the used bikes, 'This is is overpriced, this one has this wrong with it, etc' That is the kind of person I feel comfortable dealing with.

Does anyone else find it kind of sad how of all the dealerships around here, only one (BK) comes universally recommended? I mean there are specific guys at other dealers that are great too, but BK seems to stand out as a great shop in its entirety. Or is that just all you Kawi guys representing? :)

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
To comment on Pacific Yamaha & RMS: I would agree that both dealerships (and I'd almost say MOST dealerships) won't prevent you from buying a litre bike for your first bike.

Sad but true.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Regarding BK and kawi rider representing, I used to own a Suzuki. I refused to take it to North Shore Suzuki. They have a retarded Service manager who's as rude as they come. That shop has a bad customer service rep and I found out why, first hand.

Ben from North Shore is extremely knowledgeable about Suzuki's and he's great to shoot the shit with. But that other dink's rudeness offsets Ben's knowledge:mad

The customer service at BK is the tops. It's just too bad they're always so busy. I fear they'll get bitchy one day because they are so busy.

·
Back to the OG
228 Posts
No sh!t on the North Shore SuzYami Jason! The shortlong dude is a total loser with not a shred of basic self awareness or people skills. Ben is a really cool guy though - even dug through his old cycle world magazines and gave me an '87 mag with an article of a Vmax in the 9's! For that reason I do occasionally buy parts from him (not to mention Richmond is the 2nd closest Yomamaha dealer - too far in a pinch).
Who goes largely unnoticed and under-credited is the Honda Center on 1st and Boundary. Most every person there is quality, sincere, no BS. Their main mechanic Jim is a seasoned veteran, who appears to be quite knowledgable with most machines. It's a small place with no staff turnover.

·
Registered
842 Posts
I've also been talked down to and treated like I knew feck all about bikes at North Shore Suzuki. My whole experience with owning a Suzuki street bike almost got me out of biking.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts