BC Sport Bikes Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to be picking up a Honda Navi in the next couple months. It's basically a scooter that looks like a motorbike, 110cc with automatic CVT transmission. I know you are able to take the Class 6 motorcycle test with it, and end up with a restricted Class 6 license, but I can't find any information about whether or not it is acceptable for the motorcycle skills test after I pass the knowledge test. It will be my only bike (other than an '86 Honda Spree 50cc) so I'm not concerned about the restrictions.

Everything that I read about the MST indicates they wanna see you use a clutch (slow ride skill), but if I've got a twist and go that's out the window.

Does anyone have any solid info as to whether or not it's acceptable for the test?

·
Been there, Wrecked that!
'21 Vulcan 900 Custom
2,243 Posts
I'm going to be picking up a Honda Navi in the next couple months. It's basically a scooter that looks like a motorbike, 110cc with automatic CVT transmission. I know you are able to take the Class 6 motorcycle test with it, and end up with a restricted Class 6 license, but I can't find any information about whether or not it is acceptable for the motorcycle skills test after I pass the knowledge test. It will be my only bike (other than an '86 Honda Spree 50cc) so I'm not concerned about the restrictions.

Everything that I read about the MST indicates they wanna see you use a clutch (slow ride skill), but if I've got a twist and go that's out the window.

Does anyone have any solid info as to whether or not it's acceptable for the test?
ICBC

What to expect
You'll be riding in a paved lot at slow speeds. You'll need to show that you can:
  • identify the controls on your motorcycle
  • push the motorcycle (non-powered)
  • demonstrate using hand signals
  • use the side stand or centre stand
  • ride slowly and straight while using the clutch
  • slalom
  • brake
  • turn, including u-turns,three-point turns and right turns when moving
  • accelerate and decelerate (this may include shifting gears), and
  • stop suddenly in a controlled manner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts