Been there, Wrecked that!
'21 Vulcan 900 Custom
ICBCI'm going to be picking up a Honda Navi in the next couple months. It's basically a scooter that looks like a motorbike, 110cc with automatic CVT transmission. I know you are able to take the Class 6 motorcycle test with it, and end up with a restricted Class 6 license, but I can't find any information about whether or not it is acceptable for the motorcycle skills test after I pass the knowledge test. It will be my only bike (other than an '86 Honda Spree 50cc) so I'm not concerned about the restrictions.
Everything that I read about the MST indicates they wanna see you use a clutch (slow ride skill), but if I've got a twist and go that's out the window.
Does anyone have any solid info as to whether or not it's acceptable for the test?
What to expect
You'll be riding in a paved lot at slow speeds. You'll need to show that you can:
- identify the controls on your motorcycle
- push the motorcycle (non-powered)
- demonstrate using hand signals
- use the side stand or centre stand
- ride slowly and straight while using the clutch
- turn, including u-turns,three-point turns and right turns when moving
- accelerate and decelerate (this may include shifting gears), and
- stop suddenly in a controlled manner