BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
No it does not. Taxes have to come from somewhere. Gotta pay for all the mistakes past governments have made.

that's a defeatist's attitude. if you think a couple hundred bucks from a used vehicle sale is going to erase the defecit, well, i have this bridge i'd like to sell you......

·
Registered
601 Posts
No it does not. Taxes have to come from somewhere. Gotta pay for all the mistakes past governments have made.
with that kinda attitude.. Always good to know someone around here likes to take it in the cornhole.. shall i call the government and tell them they have a willing participant?

·
Three hour tour guide
8,750 Posts
..... i have this bridge i'd like to sell you......
Does it have six lanes? .....Hmmm I could construct a shed and collect tolls. Now where is that thread with the shed how to again... :laughing

·
Ridin Dirty
5,011 Posts
We voted in the referendum to get rid of the HST and return it to the way it was before.

so you are to blame for the mess of rescinding this? ..... you deserve what you get then.... enjoy....

·
Ridin Dirty
5,011 Posts
Of course they lobbied for that.. to try and push you to a dealership to buy a new car..
same lobbyists who are trying to get RHD imports banned..

because they feel it is hurting new car sales..
limit your options and make buying something used less attractive..
that and the fact almost every car sold privately in BC is done for less than 500 bucks on the bill of sale....

·
BannedSpammer
3,339 Posts
that and the fact almost every car sold privately in BC is done for less than 500 bucks on the bill of sale....

Don't quote me on this, but I think they put an end to that as well? I thought I remembered hearing something about how you now pay tax on the assesed "fair market value", not what you declare you paid. And considering the battles I've had with icbc in assessing what fair market value on a vehicle actually is, well.....not good.

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
that's a defeatist's attitude. if you think a couple hundred bucks from a used vehicle sale is going to erase the defecit, well, i have this bridge i'd like to sell you......
Hard to believe you think that is the only funds the government receives.

I wonder what you paid for your bridge?

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
Don't even bother, some men you just can't reach. I am sure he is king of the idiots up there in Williams lake, he probably has a great union job that provides him with a dental plan. I'm pretty sure that means he has "made it"
Belonged to a union once and only once 1981 to 1987. Since then it has been piece work.

I get paid for what I do. If I screw it up, I do it again for free (I also have to pay for all materials, which would far exceed my original pay) Pay my own medical, dental, and retirement plan.

Being a union boy yourself you should know, they tend to lean toward the NDP. That is pretty much why their unions support the NDP. Or is it the other way around?

21 - 30 of 30 Posts