BC Sport Bikes Forum banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Tai-Pan
3,681 Posts
I was on the north shore the other day looking for a place to wash my bike and there is nothing at all.
I guess people over there just pay others to do it but you can't get someone to do your bike.
Lots of self serve spray washes out in PoCo though. The one by Costco has all kinds of stuff like spotless rinse /clear coat protector ect and the one on westwood has a hand held air dryer that is very useful.

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Unless it involved bikinis and "inappropriate techniques" I bvelieve most here would never consider letting someone else wash their ride. :)

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
you can come to my place also if I am around. live in forest grove area in burnaby. PM me if your interested. Got soap, bug and tar remover and might pick up some Motul stuff tomorrow (heard good reviews)and a shamwow you can use.

·
BCSB Public Relations
10,329 Posts
water restrictions . . . no bike washing. lol. get out and ride!
Not applicable to car washes (because they re-capture something like 80% of the water) - they still operate normally.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Not applicable to car washes (because they re-capture something like 80% of the water) - they still operate normally.
car washes here reuse water? they use dirty water to wash cars?

even the do it yourself wand ones?

·
I like traffic cones :S
15,773 Posts
filtration systems can do wonders ;)

·
Registered
294 Posts
The automated car washes are quite complex. The really elaborate ones -- think that long one on Terminal Ave. -- can cost in the millions of dollars.

·
BCSB Public Relations
10,329 Posts
car washes here reuse water? they use dirty water to wash cars?

even the do it yourself wand ones?
Yup, that's what I've read. I'm sure the water is cleaned/filtered before being re-used, though.

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Had my G washed this a.m. 4th & McDonald. With recycled water. And cheap gas also. Bike is clean. Washing bike is a labour of love. Like waxing my car.

·
Registered
BMW
5 Posts
My father bought himself a steam cleaner for cars and I decided to use such a device on my bike pedal. It is great. The fastest car wash. And by the way, it is very effective. It does not spoil the surface. Everyone thinks that she spoils the paint of the car, but it turns out not.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts