BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a program to change all my videos to DVD format...

Simple as that... oh, and freeware would be good...:devillook

·
West Koots, I'm here....
3,226 Posts
I use"VSO DivXtoDVD", works well, produces good quality DVD's.

·
Lightly seasoned...
176 Posts
http://www.doom9.org

Has a lot of good guides and such for backing up DVDs as well as re-encoding from formats like Divx > Dvd etc (for all those out there with mp4 dv cams who want to make DVD disk for the relatives ;) ) or have small kids who use special edition disks for coasters.

·
The Comedy is in the Back
11,948 Posts
yah ,..what those guys said....all good suggestions

·
Registered
515 Posts
go to Paradyn computers the guy there has a dvd player that will play all those formats...avi, mpeg, jpeg etc. I think he has them for $115 bucks right now...He said he will even put the updates on a disc. All you have to do is burn the movies and what not as a data disk. PM me if you want his number. Or try using DVD Santa which works for some people..The sound on the dvd was always a little bit choppy through out parts of a movie though, but my friend said it worked really well for him so I don't know why it didn't work for me.

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
Phillips 642 DVD player was on sale for 69.99 at BB last I checked.
It'll play divx, xvid, avi, and all the rest.
Upgradable firmware, changable regions etc.

A nice alternative if your goal it to watch your divx movies on the TV.
that way you can toss 4 or 5 movies on one DVD disk.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Jester666 said:
Phillips 642 DVD player was on sale for 69.99 at BB last I checked.
It'll play divx, xvid, avi, and all the rest.
Upgradable firmware, changable regions etc.

A nice alternative if your goal it to watch your divx movies on the TV.
that way you can toss 4 or 5 movies on one DVD disk.
Does this one offer a Menu for choosing a video if you have multiple divx videos on a disc?
I've been thinking about getting the LG one.. I think it was close to $200 at futureshop or something.

Ryan

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
Gawd said:
Does this one offer a Menu for choosing a video if you have multiple divx videos on a disc?
I've been thinking about getting the LG one.. I think it was close to $200 at futureshop or something.

Ryan
yes, it'll give you a file list.
it will also automatically go to the next file after it plays one.
You can also slap an mp3 cd in there, and it'll show albums(folders)
it's actually a very solid buy, considering the price.

·
Gear Driven Cams
4,411 Posts
Gawd said:
Yes, it does. I have this one as well.

Ouch. Yeah, the Phillips is cheaper by far. Check out http://www.videohelp.com/, and read the reviews on all of the players before buying. When I bought the 642, it was the best one, and the cheapest. Lately i've been hearing that the RJTECH RJ-700DVX is a better player, but I don't know any technical details to back that up.

One annoying quirk of the 642 is that while it does play MP3's from CD or DVD, it doesn't have any way to play them randomly (at least, not that I could find). I have a Squeezebox for playing my MP3's, so this feature didn't deter me from buying the unit.

·
Been there, Wrecked that!
2,213 Posts
A little off topic but how can I compress the file size of my mpeg created with the digicam?

·
Been there, Wrecked that!
2,213 Posts
:thumbup Awesome thanks!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts