BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, as of tommorow i can get my mst done so i can ride alone,
what my question is is what is on teh mst and is it that hard?
I have searched and noone has said whatthey test you for so i am unsure what to expect.
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
108 Posts
ok, as of tommorow i can get my mst done so i can ride alone,
what my question is is what is on teh mst and is it that hard?
I have searched and noone has said whatthey test you for so i am unsure what to expect.
Thanks in advance
They test you within a parking lot. You have to show good clutch throttle techniques (in other words be able to ride a bike slowly in total control) you will have to manuever through cones and do a couple uturns. if you are confident with riding your bike without putting your foot down for slow speed riding you should be fine. good luck

·
Obi-Wan Newbie
683 Posts
if you have taken a motorcycle course then you should have no problems. It sounds like you have not done that so all I can tell you is good luck!!! Took one guy to his MST and his friends that taught him made him fail!!!

G

·
they also test you with the emergency stop. They make u gun it off the line and come to a complete stop within a certain distance. If u lock up the rear brake or endo at all you will get dinged for it. The test isnt that hard. Just put in some time and do a bunch of practice runs and you will pass no problem.

G

·
Its basically in a small parking lot, about 60yrds long or so.

1. They lock your steering and walk your bike in circle (this shows your turning radius and boundary lines for the test)

2. They ask you to start from one point immediately into a right or left u-turn and then through a slalom.

3. They ask you to start from one point immediately into a right or left turn, accel to about 20kms, slow down, turn (within boundaries) speed up again and then sudden stop (without your back tire locking up)

4. Slow ride about 5kph (clutch control).

- Good idea to look at the test course before you take it.... Oh ya, Dont drop your bike!!!!!

Good Luck!!!

·
Mmm...beer
2,144 Posts
what about figure 8 and starting on an uphill? do they still do that?
No, they do not. As most testing facilities have flat parking lots. The MST was really easy in my opinion, took about 10 mins or so. I took the test through PRS after 2 days of riding and passed perfectly.

·
who farted?
525 Posts
All i can say is that the MST is harder than the road test, at least that's what i think.

But good luck, dint mean to scare you!

·
myside.yourside.myside
2,095 Posts
Get 8 gravel filled pop cans, put them 1.5 bike lengths apart in a line, practice doing a u-turn and then going straight into slaloming the cans (entry at an angle). Slow speed (like SLOW WALK speed) can be a real eye opener and expose any fine control weaknesses you may not know you had. Emergency stop is also a good one to practice. Worst case ... go.. fail.. pass next time once you've seen what they want and how you measure up.

Cory

·
Registered
274 Posts
All i can say is that the MST is harder than the road test, at least that's what i think.

MST...slow riding ,slaloms and u-turns,clutch control,accelerate and stopping

hate slow riding and u-turns

yes, i also think that road test i easier..!!

good luck on your MST...!!

·
Urban assault.
85 Posts
MST...slow riding ,slaloms and u-turns,clutch control,accelerate and stopping

hate slow riding and u-turns

yes, i also think that road test i easier..!!

good luck on your MST...!!

for my MST the bike that pacifac had, had the idle set SUPER low.....so i had a +1 for stalling the bike.....but with the road test, i pretty much picked a song prior and sang the song while i was being told where to go.

0 demerits later........yeah i pretty much forgotten that there was a car behind me.

·
Mmm...beer
2,144 Posts

Are you kidding? Riding through cones in a parking lot without cars, distractions, or hazards is harder than the road test? In my opinion, neither test should be 'hard'. Everyone gets so jacked up about these tests (written, MST, and the road test). Just relax, revert to your skills, and you'll be fine.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts