BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What kind of music do you listen to? Who are your favourite artists?

What about rap music? Any rap fans here.

Do any of you DJ?

·
Registered
465 Posts
JayZ all the way man ..

But I listen to everything .. Lyrics wise .. I like alot of Alternative Bands .. In my car and at the clubs, its always hiphop beats. Sometimes its Asian Pop and R&B to impress the ladies =) haha .. I even have Piano Concertos on MP3 =) It relaxes me during late night study sessions.

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
I listen to anything. My fiancee has just finished school and will be a music teacher so I don't have much choice.. :)

I grew up with Country (only thing my dad would listen too), I have a few Redneck friends who listen to it, I have a few friends into metal and alternative and my fiancee likes hip-hop and R&B.. So I listen to whatever is playing.

No favourite bands..

Jim.

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
I listen to rock mainly. Basically your typical 99.3/104.9 listener... and occasionally 101.1 for some classics.

At home I listen to Jazz mainly, and when I'm on the computer I can't seem to stop playing Radiohead.

Ahh Radiohead, what a great band.

·
Premium Member
11,195 Posts
Jazz, classical, the older rock and selected newer blues inspired rock. The stuff that really makes me turn the volume up to "11" comes from Jimi Hendrix, Pink Floyd, Beatles, Kansas, some ZZTop, Rush, ELO, Dire Straits, Colin James, Stevie Ray Vaughn, and others I can't think of just now. And if you've never heard them "The Planets" by Holst and "The Pastoral" symphony of Bethoven also rate a twist of the volume dial among others.

C&W, opera, fusion jazz, Rap, the new "I hate the whole world" punk rock and dance club music makes my eardrums sore and rots my brain. Although I've heard a couple of rap'y rock crossovers that had my foot tapping.

Oh, and boom box cars should all be dropped into a live volcano............ preferably along with the owner's charge cards so they can't build those abominations again.

I really chuckled at the Earl's "Mating rituals on the Earl's Patio" commercials when they had the rapper boom box cars at the beginning of one ad and said something like "fortunetley they will never mate because they're really annoying" :laughing

·
resident monkey boy
806 Posts
everything, i run the whole musical spectrum:D

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
The Sex Pistols, baby! "Never Mind the Bollocks" was the most influential album of all time. It changed everything about the music and the industry. Sadly the industry has reverted to its old pre-punk ways. It must be time for another Messiah....

"I am an anarchist,...I am the anti-Christ! Don't know what I want, but I know how to get it......."
John Lydon aka Johnny Rotten

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Everything accept stuff like slip knot and stuff like that with people screaming their lungs out, cant stand that crap. But I like everything and could have my own radio station with the 15 gigs of mp3's on my computer. Hay now that's an idea:rolleyes

Favorite style would probably be ambient techno with stuff from moby or orbital or sash or chicane. Stuff you guys probably dont know much about. ;)

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
Ryan R said:
Everything accept stuff like slip knot and stuff like that with people screaming their lungs out, cant stand that crap. But I like everything and could have my own radio station with the 15 gigs of mp3's on my computer. Hay now that's an idea:rolleyes

Favorite style would probably be ambient techno with stuff from moby or orbital or sash or chicane. Stuff you guys probably dont know much about. ;)
You kidding? I love Orbital, and ambient stuff like that. Chemical Brothers, Aphex Twin, Einsturzende Neubaten, Meat Beat Manifesto, etc, etc.......And the grand daddy of all ambient Jean-Paul Jarre and his albums Oxygene and Equinoxe.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Your kidding :eek cool someone who shares the same taste in music You must have heard my favorite song from Orbital then, its called Halycon. That song just plain rules. Somthing about the female vocals just do somthing for me ;)

·
Premium Member
11,195 Posts
Hu99 said:

You kidding? I love Orbital, and ambient stuff like that. Chemical Brothers, Aphex Twin, Einsturzende Neubaten, Meat Beat Manifesto, etc, etc.......And the grand daddy of all ambient Jean-Paul Jarre and his albums Oxygene and Equinoxe.
Don't recognise most of those names except Jean-Paul Jarre but I like that sort of thing too. Just the stuff for shutting the bod down in the evening over a nice drink or a good book. Or easying into a rainy sunday morning over a good cuppa.

Ah, now you're taking me back again. The electro classical of Tomita, the simple style of Bo Hansen, the slightly more edgy but nonetheless trippy musical journey on the flip side of the first ever Alan Parson's Project- Tales of Mystery and Imagination, Camel's album Snowgoose and finally the sounds of Paul Horn accompanying himself to the echoes of his solo flute in the Taj Mahal and the Great Pyrimid of Cheops. That style of music has been around a lot longer than I think you realize. I've got a bunch of other records of this sort but the names elude me for the moment. When I first got into it is was just way left of center and didn't seem to have a name. Then the electro pop sound came in and it was known as New Age. And now it's apparently known as Ambient.

Early Kate Bush anyone? How about the band Renaissence with that very talented female lead singer. Now there is a gifted voice.

·
Registered
609 Posts
I listen to hip hop, electronica, rock and pop. Lately I've been getting into the alternative stuff. Stuff like Linkin Park and Shocore.

T

·
0 Posts
im a hiphop and r&b fan

but i listen to Tupac, Snoop, mostly

basically im still into Deathrow records.

also like some rave, techno music.....

·
Just Another Enthusiast
2,051 Posts
Pretty much everything except country--sorry Jim. ;)

But a few of my favorites that I have playing in my car (I have an mp3 playing deck so it holds more than a few tunes):

Sublime
Radiohead
Daft Punk
Bandit Queen
Frankie Lymon
Beck
Cult
U2
Weezer
Blink 182
The Urge
Sum 41
RUN DMC
Cadillac Tramps
Rage Against the Machine
Prince
Michael Jackson
Lenny Kravitz

And sadly, I do enjoy a couple N'Sync/Backstreet Boys/Britney Spears tunes, but please, no flamming, I have heard them all from my so-called friends! ;)

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Excellent toons Bradley,

The group I've been listening to a lot lately is : System of the down. A little heavy, but awesome music for my morning run.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts