BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to be heading out to Calgary to meet with some friends & family on Thursday (tomorrow) and coming back in time for Bike Night next week and was wondering if anyone had some suggestions of must ride roads on the way there and back.

The plan as of now is to hit Hwy 1 -> Hwy 3 + ???? on the way there then come up into Banff and into Calgary, I'm going to be splitting the getting there into two days and hope to roll in to Calgary around 6pm-ish. I will be leaving Calgary early Monday AM and taking about 3 days to ride back, working my way through Montana, Idaho and then WA via the Cascades and finishing with Baker and WA back-roads to the border.

I have no clue what roads are really worth riding past HWY3 and this is what I need help with. I've only ridden it to Princeton. I also have no idea about what roads are worth riding and which ones are worth avoiding on the way back as I've never done the cascades or any rides down south with the exception of a few back-roads towards Bellingham and several Baker.

I'm fine with consecutive 10+ hour days in the saddle as well as days in excess of 800km.

Cheers for any input!

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Ride #3 to Cranbrook, north to Radium Hot Spring, through the National Park to #1 east of Banff, then on to Calgary as an example. Too late for a DH map of BC to borrow. Where do you live and what time are you leaving?

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Try this for first day: https://goo.gl/maps/iHs14
Stay overnight at Ainsworth Hotspring and soak your tired bones. Continue the next day along something like this: https://goo.gl/maps/0CT6Y
Makes for two long days but you'll hit some good stretches of road in there.
Thanks!

Too late for a DH map of BC to borrow. Where do you live and what time are you leaving?
I'm out in Coquitlam, fairly close to Lougheed Mall. I'm going to be at modern tomorrow at 9 AM sharp to pick up my (hopefully correctly sized gloves :hopmad) and then off to cassels to see about sweet talking my way onto beacon or just simply throwing ICBC collision on the strom for the duration of the trip.

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Do you want me to meet you at Modern at 9 a.m. and lend your a DH Book & Map? He's on Commercial isn't he? Text me, 604-202-0786

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Do you want me to meet you at Modern at 9 a.m. and lend your a DH Book & Map? He's on Commercial isn't he? Text me, 604-202-0786
I'll pass on the DH book and map this time but thank you very much for the offer!

Poorly written ride report + crappy iphone pics to come! :laughing

1 - 6 of 6 Posts