·
I ain't not no genius
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
I ain't not no genius
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
12 horses from slipons? fuck i hate liars(not you-the "experts"). put it on a dyno and i'll guess about 3.
ya they always exaggerate, however, with the new map PLUS the slipons, definitely more than 3.

and talk about light, almost 1/2 the weight of the stock cans. PLUS the nice carbon fiber heel gaurds and hangers are sweet too. BLINGITY BLING BLING!

·
Not wearing pants.
3,387 Posts
Sounds awesome!
My friend has the same bike, with Akra slipons, sounds mean.
Does Arrow give you the remap?

·
I ain't not no genius
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yep we got the map from arrow for de-restricted. either them or aprilia, i am not positive.

·
Eh Muh Gawd Becky!!
6,648 Posts
hahahahahaha intarweb lag is awsome!! you revved the bike then walked away before the sound caught up to it so it looked like it was revving itself!! sounds good by the way.

·
I ain't not no genius
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i know i thought that was funny too. good thing it doesnt actually perform like that LOL!

·
Eh Muh Gawd Becky!!
6,648 Posts
no doubt. you'd have to get on the throttle as your getting into the corner rahter then mid corner!! you'd have to let off early too.

·
Banned
2,578 Posts
:rolleyes IMHO, Darren, the natural sound of that bike is already great. It's one of the few bikes that doesn't need another pipe. I don't approve... but congrats if you really think the sound is better. ;)

·
I ain't not no genius
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
nope 3 of my buddies have the same bikes too. definitely a smaller crowd though.

·
Lee RideFar
5,463 Posts
When I had my opportunity to ride an Aprillia for the better part of a day. I could not imagine changing the exhaust note. The bike is basically sex on wheels. However, the arrow pipes do sound awesome. I am sure you will be frightening small children and animals for miles. Nice work Darren. :thumbup

·
I ain't not no genius
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
oh i can just FEEEL the love as i ride through my neighborhood. my friends in nanaimo know when i leave the house now. i can only ride the aprilia on odd numbered days too.

·
Learning the hard way.
1,334 Posts
At least with the carbon slip ons, you won't get burned when you're humping your bike.

...At least I wouldn't.

The pipes sounds incredible. Do you have footage of when it was stock to hear the difference?

·
User And Abuser
3,917 Posts
you having a moving dildo now Darrin! I am sure its even louder in person. So the real question should be whats your favourite bike now? you have the complete gixxer line 600 through 1000, and now the italian. so can I unleah this beast the next time I am passin by your place? pleeeeeeeeeease!? and thank you:)

·
track hack
2,029 Posts
12 horses from slipons? fuck i hate liars(not you-the "experts"). put it on a dyno and i'll guess about 3.
I'd love to see a before and after dyno as well but Aprilia does offer a remap option for the stock ECU and with freer flowing slipons 10-12 more ponies is common according to the local dealer who's done a few now.

·
The Wizard
2,743 Posts
didn't the previous generation Aprilia pick up something huge like 10-15 or 15-20 with slipons and an ECU? Something about the old ECU was crazy restrictive to get it to pass emmisions.

G

·
I'd love to see a before and after dyno as well but Aprilia does offer a remap option for the stock ECU and with freer flowing slipons 10-12 more ponies is common according to the local dealer who's done a few now.

http://www.factorypro.com/Prod_Pages/proda10.html#Arrow so / Evo A/F 4

3-4 with slip-ons and 3-4 with the mapping. horsepower is usually a lot more elusive than just bolting on some cans and mapping it. if the 10-12 is in the midrange than yea i would believe that but up top i doubt it. good stuff anyways.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts