BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

41 - 60 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
ReelExterminato said:
Well right now I am looking at the Alpinestar 2-piece GPU or TZ1, the retail at RMS is $1250 and $1400 respectively. What else is good in that price range, if TeeTee says I'd be paying more for the name than if I bought another brand... Live everyone else, I wanna get something good without breaking the bank :)
i have the TZ1 jacket plan on getting the pants tp zip to it next season... very happy with the jacket

·
Registered
622 Posts
What about...

any info on this suit?????

Teknic Lightning Two Piece.

$649.96 USD from kneedraggers.

Features:
Sports cut, better anatomical shaping for improved all round comfort.
Outer shell of top quality non-perforated Cowhide: 1.2 - 1.4mm thickness.
TASC (TEKNIC® Advanced Seam Construction). Rows of hidden stitching providing maximum seam strength.
KNOX® CE Approved KFP1 armor fitted in knees, shoulders and elbows.
KNOX® CE Approved TP2 back armor.
Advanced Elbow pocket, secures elbow armor into the outer shell.
Knee stretch panel allows better knee movement.
Safety wrap seat lined with second layer of leather.
Full motion arm system, a panel of stretch Cordura that extends from the cuff to the chest of the suit with no seams.
TEKNIC® Full motion leg system, a 1pc stretch Cordura panel from the crotch to the calf.
Rear kidney stretch panel in pants.
Comfort Collar system.
Standard TEKNIC® style knee slider.
All zippers are genuine YKK® zippers.
Full circumference YKK connecting zipper makes this suit race legal.
Rear exhaust perforations.
Silver “Airtex” lining is anti-bacterial and non allergenic.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I was looking at the Spyke poison GP jacket and was wondering if it was a good jacket not that many people know to much about it

J

·
0 Posts
maintenance on leathers

good day sirs,

i chance to read on that good leathers is an investment..

i would like to ask you sir any personal opinions on the ways on the maintenance of our leather jackets.

thanks sir in advance for the reply....:)

D

·
0 Posts
The S1 suit is good’ I got by http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1,1&item=8020368026&sspagename=STRK:MESE:IT but quality is better from Alpinestar also cost is so economical only 425.00$, I highly recommend the S1, I wear n ride my FZR 750 I feel soooo comfortable. Crash tested by many of the best. Anatomical construction means arms are sewn in a curved shape and are sewn onto the jacket body in a pre-rotated position, so that when you are on a motorcycle, it feels natural.
http://stores.ebay.com/vdiscount

Thxxx

·
Age + wisdom = slower
278 Posts
my quiestion here is which is legal at Mission raceway? I heard you need a 1 piece suit.. which is a lot of money for something I'm not going to be using on my daily commute to work, menawhile with a 2 piece suit I'd use it a lot more of the time

·
v twin
138 Posts
:rockon get the one you look good at satrbucks in, and sod the protection,lol :laughing or the one that makes yer ass look good:laughing Hein Gericke,

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
When I started riding sportbikes in 88 I was given a few pieces of advise from a crowd that knew what they talked about.

"Spend as much as you can afford on helmets and tires"

I would opt for the better suit for the added protection that the hard armor will afford. Just figure out what the final costs will be after you have upgraded the armor in the 2 piece suit and then you have firm numbers to work with. If you are intending to go on a track one day you will probably wish you went for hte 1 piece. Course that was the thinking from years ago. I havent met anyone riding this year as of yet....

·
Registered
799 Posts
I am going full leather for this season and have been tormented by what to pick up. Of course the Vanson Cobra 2 looks like the slam dunk choice for ultra-high safety and longevity, but... Once you factor in the cost for both the jacket and pants, and then the armour (all of it), and then the liner for the jacket ($150 US!!) it starts to get a little out of hand.

Right now I am looking at an MX-1 A* jacket and the zipped matching bat leather pants (no sliders, but good armour including hip padding). Both come with quite impressive armour for 'mid range gear', except for a proper back protector but I have an Icon vest for that (not the best but a hell of a lot better than nothing and comfy for loooooong rides).

This A* combo comes to $975 CAN through them and in black that is one hell of a sharp looking outift IMHO. I simply can't justify going full Vanson for pretty well twice that when I am not on the track and obviously have no plans to crash *cough*

I don't want to shill a company but it looks like going through NewEnough is the way to go, you *can* get 'better' deals through Ebay and most of those guys will replace items for size, etc, but if you are buying several things the shipping savings through NewEnough more than make up for the difference.

Can anyone chime in on the MX-1 gear from A*?

·
I'm a she-male.
1,410 Posts
How many people go riding around the city in a full suit? How many people actually use the suit for just zipping around? Or do you use it to go up the mountain n stuff?

BBy Kawi is having a sale now and some no-name brand suit is $399. They say it's just because there are no sponsors that it's cheap and basically it's just as good as anything else. How many people really believe the more expensive one is really better? I guess really it would be not the brand but to look at the stitching and the thickness and quality ... yah?

Now I just have a textile jacket, was going to get some pants. Should I get the cheap leathers and that will actually be better than textile? Or just get some good pants and keep the textile jacket.

·
Registered
150 Posts
i have been 2upping lately with jsut basic jeans and cheap leather jacket.... definitely want to invest some cash in proper protection, even tho i don't own a bike, or even ride on my own yet... but like most of you, the cost factor is huge.... hope you keep posting up advice, i am taking notes :)

thanks for your input...
also, how do you know it's gonna fit right if you buy through Ebay or online site??

·
Registered
43 Posts
best advice i can give is...spend as much as you can possibly afford without leaving yourself stranded. sure $50 gloves are cool and will protect you more than nothing, but if you can afford it - $200 alpinestars gp plus gloves or $250 gp pro...awesome awesome awesome. also $200 teknic violator gloves, or $250 teknic speedstar gloves.

i'm looking at a teknic 2-piece suit for $1000, teknic violator gloves for $200, sidi vertigo boots at $480, and a shoei xr1000 at $800. sure it's a fairly big outlay, but i know for sure that it's all good gear - i tried it on sitting on a bike (the one i'm going to buy) and it all felt beautiful.

ALSO...BOOTS!!! FORK OUT FOR BOOTS!!! DON'T BUY $100 CRAPPY ONES!!! i've found only the really good ones have ample enough ankle movement...otherwise they're all chunky as hell and uncomfortable to boot (no pun intended). sidi vertigos - awesome. alpinestars s-mx r...also very good. cheers!

Justo

·
Pose 'til you Puke!
425 Posts
leathers

I only know two guys that have bailed, both wearing Joe Rocket. Both suits blew apart in the crash. They survived with maybe one small piece of road rash each. Think of the suits as disposable. There is a guy here in Victoria that will custom build you a suit to your specs. I think he said about $1500-2000. He's from Russia and knows his shit. He has done some custom work for me and he's top notch. I suspect you'll look like a 1960's TT reject when he's done though.

That being said anything leather will be better than shorts, flip flops and a wife beater.

B. :horse

·
Pose 'til you Puke!
425 Posts
ps I just got my new Sidi's for $275 :flashy

Visited Chaparal on a trip to Disneyland two weeks ago...AMAZING store!
Imagine 3 walmarts with nothing but bike's, tires and gear.
B.

·
Read Only
174 Posts
I didn't feel like making my own thread, soooo....

I've been pricing out gear(roughly) and, for good leathers I keep coming up with a price around $1000. This'll be my first gear, should I be spending this much? If it's worth anything, I'm looking at an Icon helmet, Alpinestars jacket, tour master pants(not sure how good they'd be for street?) and Shift racing boots.

Yea, Nay? Anybodies opinion?

41 - 60 of 109 Posts