BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay guys, I've had many sphincter clenchers, but this one just pissed me off.

Great day for riding so I strapped up and took the girlfriend for a casual ride through the town. After dinner we headed down to the UBC area. As I approach the beach through some twisties, I saw the typical Motorcycle school video scenario. Person waiting at Stop sign as I'm cruising along. So I continue at the same speed and get read to increase the space from the vehicle.

Guess what, the dude gasses it directly AT me. :confused :mad The curve was set up in a way that I was pointed directly at the driver. I flipped the highbeams, honked the horn, revved the muzzy and swirved left as hard as I could. If I could give the finger and throw shit at the same time I would have done that all too.

I ended up going into oncoming traffic(which had a gap) and the stupid @#$! continues accelerating but turns into oncoming traffic going the other way missing me by about a metre!

What can you do. I was going about 50kph on a street with good visibility and not much traffic.

Keep your helmets tight and eyes open out there troops!:rider

·
518 Posts
Next time turn around and follow this fucker untill you hit a light, then smash his head in... or kick in the side of his door.... or any other part of their car.... that'll stop him from driving like an idiot in the future, when someone cuts me off I make sure they'll regret it...

G

·
0 Posts
oh yeah

Smashy smashy people need a lesson that guy would have left yah dead on the road you think he or she will stop to see if your allright after wards NAAAAAAAAAAAAA killllllllllllll or be killed

I ride aggressively and it is the only thing that saves me in thsi town

Aggressive riding does not mean speeding obnoxiously but aggressively trying to save myslef from all the %$% nuts out there:tredmill

i really like the treadmill

Evil how yah doing the ride is on the road now?????????

·
Premium Member
9,052 Posts
Take from me who used to ride with "the other V-Twin" crowd........nothing better than a telescopic nightstick in your tank bag.........does wonders to car mirrors.

Available at your friendly neighborhood Army Surplus store (over the counter of course)

·
Premium Member
11,195 Posts
So you're saying that he not only moved towards you once but after you took eveasive action he turned towards you AGAIN????

If so then this sounds more like a shithead pulling a scare tactic. Or he really shouldn't have any license at all.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No, he didn't make any aggressive 2nd movements. He pretty much didn't see me from the beginning and that when he accelerated straight into me from the beginning.

I really like the idea of the telescopic nightstick though! I was also thinking of small ballbearings to chuck!:thumbup

·
ROAR!!!!!!
1,175 Posts
I say turn around and follow him until he stops then smash his windows with your fists. (Hopefully you got the gloves with carbon fibre knuckles):D :D

·
Premium Member
11,195 Posts
My wife Sherry had an almost close call. She was passing some guy with a car load of family that were talking up a storm (she saw the arm waving before she passed) and when she was just beside him he starts moving over into her lane quite aggresively. She hadn't come up to his door yet and there was oncoming traffic on the other side so the only action she could take was to brake super hard. It all came out OK but the driver was super sheepish when he realized what he'd done (apparently the car load of woment started yelling at him) and he offered to pull over to talk to her but she just waved him on with a pointing to his side mirror to watch it for next time and left.

Careful out there, incompetence is running rampant.......

B

·
0 Posts
crazy drivers out there!! I've had a few close calls. Stupid driver everywhere! But not too bad down in LA. In fact, i LOVED riding in LA!! The lane splitting was great! All the cars pull to the side of their lanes when they see you coming! (i guess enough people have had their mirrors hit!) Anyway, bikes are so much more a part of their driving experience down there so they are more on the lookout for them. Of course i heard from some of the local riders about the odd jackass who would try to open a door or try to swerve to hit you as you went by, but the few times i split lanes, I had no problems.

B

·
0 Posts
hey, I split the odd lane or two myself, but have to admit that not much pisses me off more than a cyclist (bicycle) that rides straight up the middle when I'm driving my car. And that's no different...if you want to be respected out there you have to respect the rules. I saw a bike plow into a car heading on to an on-ramp at 160th... because I'm sure he thought he'd save a few minutes on the way home.

The old cliche... ride like you're invisible

1 - 11 of 11 Posts