BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
damn broken leg!!!!!!!
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here is my rant about Canadian Kawasaki:

I raced a 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6RR last year (2005) that was eligible for Kawasaki Contingency (Amateur) at Mission Raceway in BC. It was a rollercoaster year filled with wins and crashes and mediocre results. This rant concerns only the successful finishes. This rant in NO WAY reflects on the dealership that supported me. They were great!

I earned contingency payouts early in the year and was paid fairly promptly: Thank-you Kawasaki. Then came the September double header. Kawasaki was paying Superbike race 1 and Superbike race 2 separately (full payout) for the first three rounds. For the fourth and fifth rounds the results were accidentally submitted as R1 and R2 combined (I don’t even know what position the WMRC said I was in).

The error was brought to the attention of the correct person for the WMRC and proper, official results were forwarded to Canadian Kawasaki. I was only paid based on the incorrect results, shorting me $200.

The October round comes and goes with me winning monies again, this time to the tune of $700 (1st SBK R1, 1ST 600SS).

Here we are SIX MONTHS after the end of the season and I have not been paid. They claim I am paid in full. Then they tell me they don’t have the results yet. They (Canadian Kawasaki) have stopped returning my e-mails even though I have been very polite and incredibly patient. The BC Kawasaki rep has not answered the phone when I called. He once returned a voice mail by replying in the form of E-mail.

So here I am, telling every one who wishes to listen, my story about Kawasaki. I guess if this gets no response either a Provincial Court Judge will hear my plea.

I am having a hard time disagreeing with all the people that say KAWI=JUNK.

Trevor Shires

·
WMRC Past Prez three time
2,580 Posts
Hope this all works out before it sours the relationship any further. Frigin' paperwork is nothing but ............

·
Super Moderator
5,114 Posts
I know how ya feel. I had to wait forever (didn't get paid until last month) from a certain company over contingency money. I ended up getting screwed outta a few hundred dollars cause they later made up some claim that they only pay out on sunday races only.

·
damn broken leg!!!!!!!
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That sux too. I had a problem with Pirelli but an open line of communication with Kevin Graham (Nation Rep) keep thinks moving and I did get paid. I know these things can take time but they don't get very far when one side won't talk.

·
2,580 Posts
Give the Kawi rep a wedgie and see if that speeds things up!

·
damn broken leg!!!!!!!
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, within 24 hrs I got a response from Kawasaki. Seems they want to resolve this. I wish it didn’t have to be done like this but I exhausted all other avenues. I’ll keep you updated at to the progress.

Thanks for the support everyone!

·
2,580 Posts
I see the wedgie worked!

Just proves what I've always said........"Never underestimate the power of a wedgie"

·
Registered
133 Posts
gixxer_76 said:
Here is my rant about Canadian Kawasaki:

I raced a 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6RR last year (2005) that was eligible for Kawasaki Contingency (Amateur) at Mission Raceway in BC. It was a rollercoaster year filled with wins and crashes and mediocre results. This rant concerns only the successful finishes. This rant in NO WAY reflects on the dealership that supported me. They were great!

I earned contingency payouts early in the year and was paid fairly promptly: Thank-you Kawasaki. Then came the September double header. Kawasaki was paying Superbike race 1 and Superbike race 2 separately (full payout) for the first three rounds. For the fourth and fifth rounds the results were accidentally submitted as R1 and R2 combined (I don’t even know what position the WMRC said I was in).

The error was brought to the attention of the correct person for the WMRC and proper, official results were forwarded to Canadian Kawasaki. I was only paid based on the incorrect results, shorting me $200.

The October round comes and goes with me winning monies again, this time to the tune of $700 (1st SBK R1, 1ST 600SS).

Here we are SIX MONTHS after the end of the season and I have not been paid. They claim I am paid in full. Then they tell me they don’t have the results yet. They (Canadian Kawasaki) have stopped returning my e-mails even though I have been very polite and incredibly patient. The BC Kawasaki rep has not answered the phone when I called. He once returned a voice mail by replying in the form of E-mail.

So here I am, telling every one who wishes to listen, my story about Kawasaki. I guess if this gets no response either a Provincial Court Judge will hear my plea.

I am having a hard time disagreeing with all the people that say KAWI=JUNK.

Trevor Shires

If your dealer is so great then why arn't they going to bat for you! Don't they have any pull with Kawasaki?

·
Posing with conviction
5,396 Posts
gixxer_76 said:
Well, within 24 hrs I got a response from Kawasaki. Seems they want to resolve this. I wish it didn’t have to be done like this but I exhausted all other avenues. I’ll keep you updated at to the progress.
Good. I hope they have the sense to either cut you a check on the spot and deliver it to you or FedEx the cheque. Nothing like being screwed by a client that has the money to pay you when you have provided the service fair and square.

·
Registered
133 Posts
heisenberg9 said:
Good. I hope they have the sense to either cut you a check on the spot and deliver it to you or FedEx the cheque. Nothing like being screwed by a client that has the money to pay you when you have provided the service fair and square.
There's always two sides to every story???????

Z

·
0 Posts
Out of respect for both parties involved, I don't think it is appropriate to participate in the rant. There ARE always two sides. I think it is safe to say that if Kawasaki is moving forward to resolve the issue, then there must be a reason. Perhaps a missing piece of the "puzzle" has now reared itself????

·
Happy Camper
2,698 Posts
You won a race on a Kawasaki? - I'm kidding...they're great bikes. *cough*.

Hope everything turns out OK for you.

·
damn broken leg!!!!!!!
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The saga continues…..

I finally have an open line of communication with the regional Kawasaki rep. He has apologized for the lack of communication throughout this ordeal. I am obviously new to the motorcycle business by his standards but I do know the car business. I work for GM and when you call them they often seem ‘one in the same’ with the dealership. Kawasaki seems to be distancing itself a tad from the dealership. This may be or perhaps I am reading too much into things.

Kawasaki assumes no responsibility for obtaining race results. Fair enough. But what is one to do when results have been provided by the club and they are incorrect? How can this situation be resolved? What will it take to make the situation right again? I did contact my dealership about this several times. I did not ask the dealer directly to get involved since I was already talking to the Club and Kawasaki but I was told they would talk to Kawasaki about it. I guess that is my error. I should have been more direct with the dealership.

A mistake was definitely made by the WMRC. I brought it to the attention of the club right away and they sent in a correction. I actually have no way to verify Kawasaki received the updated results but I was told by the WMRC executive in charge that this was done.

I was told after going public EXACTLY what it would take to right this situation: a letter from the Club, verify my results. I understand they already had this. None the less, this was then completed and sent to Kawasaki within 24 hrs. Why was I not asked for this in the many, many e-mails I sent to the Kawasaki rep? It was so simple to do yet so effective.

So I guess I should soften my tone in regards to Kawasaki. Or should I? They have gone through this many times over many years and this was surely not the first time results were incorrect. They must have had to handle a situation like this before. OR, other riders just don’t speak up because they are too afraid of not getting sponsored again. Well, clearly Kawasaki will never sponsor me again. I expected that.

I still love the Kawasaki product. I have bought myself a great KX250 and I love it. I had a great year riding for Kawasaki. Too bad we could not have parted on better terms.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts