BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well now that my signal integration is complete its time for another mod. I am gonna convert to a 520 chain and aluminum anodized sprockets with 2 or 3 up in the rear. It is imposible to decide though. I dont want to reduce my top speed greatly nor do I wanna go up 2 and have it not be enough. front sprockets are really cheap so I might get a -1 sprocket which is equal to +3 in the rear and ride it for a couple days to get the feel and decide if i like it and then make my decision for the full conversion. Hay Atomlowe, you were inquiring about this on SBN a while back and I was wondering if you had done it yet or made your decision on what to do. When i decide, all I have to do is pay for parts cause Bill at 5th Gear said he would do the install for free. Oh and just so ya know steel sprockets are better than aluminum, but not if you are talking about anodized aluminum. Bill from 5th Gear had one on his heavily modded 9R and put 10,000kms on it without the slightest sign of wear.:eek

·
Just Another Enthusiast
2,051 Posts
Not a bad idea, Ryan. It is SO much fun doing things to your bike, yes? I am currently working on; SS lines, Scott's damper, short stalks and flushmounts. I have no manual, no previous experience, but is fun as heck! I just start loosening things until what I want comes off, then trace wires back, etc. I love it! :)

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You got that right. Modding the bike is a blast:D I took electronics at BCIT so its a piece of cake when it comes to wiring.

·
resident monkey boy
806 Posts
just make sure you don't have a bucket of spare parts:laughing

1 - 4 of 4 Posts