BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my tour master 2002 that took me to LA, Las Vegas and then back again.

(she isn't yellow because i put old fairings on her)

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Holy gear batman!

That's insane..

I was reading your little storys about 150lbs.. and I was like, "oh he's exaggerating".. I DISBELIEVE NO MORE! :p

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
believe it or not, i even had a 4 litre jerry can in there filled with gas just in case a gas station wasn't open at night!
That sport bag on the back weighed a ton!!! I couldn't carry all that stuff from the bike to a hotel room without falling over a couple of times.... and then there's the tank bag! filled with map books, camera, video camera, food, other maps, batteries, etc...that weighed, no exaggeration, about 25 lbs itself!

·
glowing ghostie!
3,112 Posts
I have a pair of those Joe Rocket saddlebags too. I haven't used them very much; they work out OK for you?

How did the bike feel with all that gear loaded on it?

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think it looks great! Mine should look about the same in a few weeks.

I'll post some pics too.

-dn

·
Resident Banana
2,694 Posts
Thats impressive Bluestone. Who long did it take ya to put everything back on every morning? It also looks like you could rest your chin on your tankbag.

·
Super Moderator
5,114 Posts
crazy dude.... just crazy :) I can't imagine what would happen when you hit a good bump :eek :eek

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i put ramdom old fairings that i picked up from BK, they were "pre-low-sided" for me so i don't have to worry about them at all, even when parked in LA for a while.
As for the saddle bags, they were fine. When fully extended, they tended to sag a bit on the outside but if you take a nylon strap and strap it tight around the outside, it should be fine. It took a good 15mins to load up every morning, but i put extra bungee cords and straps everywhere.
A little tip for llloooonnngggg rides: put the saddle bags nice and high so that you can rest your legs on the passenger pegs. You are almost lying on your stomach then and it helps to change your position every now and then.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wooaa, thats pretty nuts dude,.. Nice package though.. im slowly putting together a setup like that myself.. scaled down a little though.

:thumbup

·
Resident Banana
2,694 Posts
Bluestone said:
i put ramdom old fairings that i picked up from BK, they were "pre-low-sided" for me so i don't have to worry about them at all, even when parked in LA for a while.
Thats a hell of an idea....and....now you've got race fairings:) .

·
Premium Member
11,195 Posts
Blue (I was going to shorten your name to BS but then thought better of it.... :D ), you really, really, really need to pare down the list of things you take. Camping is about minimalism.

I could see taking the gas can if it was lower Borneo but you were in the US for heaven's sake.... You know, the land of the automobile......

Glad you had a good trip........ :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts